Author Topic: If you have Beautiful hardwood floors you know my Pain  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Akitamom08

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Porscha- My American Akita
    • View Profile
If you have Beautiful hardwood floors you know my Pain
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:00:55 pm »
Well i have hardwood floors in the living room and soon or later will be getting hardwood floors in all the bedrooms as well. I have tile floors in the kitchen and foyer but the poor hardwood floors are getting scratches all over them from my big paw dogs and the floors are not looking to pretty anymore. So i am looking for something to save my hardwood floors. I have been doing some research and i came across these Soft Claws Nail Caps for Dogs. And was wondering do you think they will work? Have any of you used these? Also does anyone know what will get scratches off wood floors? Cant i rent a wood floor buffer? Will that help?

Here is what the Nail Caps look like and some info on the product as well:::
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1408

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750703&utm_source=cse&utm_campaign=5046658&utm_medium=googleproduct&mr:trackingCode=722F2A94-15EE-DD11-80C2-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

*Thanks For Your Help!! :) :)

Proud Owner Of
*Black Labrador Mix - Mercedes
*American Akita - Porscha

"If dogs dont have souls, then look into a Akitas eyes"
•*´`*•.AMY,PORSCHA,& MERCEDES•*´`*•

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: If you have Beautiful hardwood floors you know my Pain
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:07:31 pm »
I have completely ruined walnut flooring in my foyer.  It was ruined by my springers, the same day it was laid.  We just call it antique now.  If you buff or sand it down, you will have to refinish it.  I have seen the caps, but never tried them.  Good luck.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:11:53 pm »
I think the caps would not scratch the floor (don't take my word for that though).  I know a couple who used them on their bichon when they moved into a new place.

However, I will tell you that most dogs absolutely HATE having them on their feet. This bichon will chew them off his feet and now hates having his feet touched.

Offline Akitamom08

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:16:48 pm »
I have completely ruined walnut flooring in my foyer.  It was ruined by my springers, the same day it was laid.  We just call it antique now.  If you buff or sand it down, you will have to refinish it.  I have seen the caps, but never tried them.  Good luck.
Kathy

Thank You "Maxsmom"! My floors are only 2 years old and have scratches everywhere but they are not deep scratches but you can see them when the light hits them and it looks so bad. I think i am going to get the caps and try them out (never hurts to try). lol! But thanks i will need all the luck i can get. lol! :)

Proud Owner Of

Offline Akitamom08

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:12 pm »
I think the caps would not scratch the floor (don't take my word for that though).  I know a couple who used them on their bichon when they moved into a new place.

However, I will tell you that most dogs absolutely HATE having them on their feet. This bichon will chew them off his feet and now hates having his feet touched.

Thanks "zoocrew"! :) I think i will give the caps a try. My dogs dont mind their paws touched. :) so i will see how they do with the caps.

Proud Owner Of