Author Topic: New pup in Florida  (Read 2788 times)

Offline gr8dame

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
New pup in Florida
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:55:29 am »
 ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:59:01 am by gr8dame »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: New pup in Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:44 am »
That's just crazy.
I love my pets as much as the next person........ ..but I certainly would never consider cloning one of them.
Not only is it a huge expendature (which as stated could be used better elsewhere), but at this point they don't know if there are health problems associated with cloning.  From my understanding, the cloned sheep don't live that long and offspring of cloned animals generally have problems (I think......i could be remembering incorrectly).

I would much rather remember my pet as an original, and have them live in my memories rather than have them relive in a new body.  Not to mention it would be very painful to watch an identical looking pet walking around that wasn't identical (mentally) as my previous pet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:07:49 am by ZooCrew »

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:17:17 am »
Ditto, ZC. Plus, even if the actual cloning didn't have bad affects, why would you clone a dog that died of cancer?  ???
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:34 am »
I think it's insane  :( There are so many dogs and people that need to be helped and $150,000 is a good chunk to be wasted on cloning anumals for a very selfish reason  :-\
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 09:14:05 pm »
Sometimes I think people just have too much money..

But I have to say it's there money to spend..I know that once *Good Boy* arrives there are people in my life that will want to know what I paid..

and then think I am totally crazy..

I look at it this way..I have saved my money every month..without taking any away from the family or our needs..and sold a few things as well..and the timming worked out for this time in our lives..

People save for cars..computer s...games..jew erly..etc..or even worse don't save and use their CC and pay forever..

The sad part about people that clone their animals is DNA does not make a match to who we lost..

We are not the same people just like when people have their 1st child..the second is different because we as parents are different..

We don't love them any less just different..

Maybe to these people that chunk of change isn't all that much..and that is what they wanted to do..It is still a free country..so far anyway..

Just think People are next..
who would you like to see clonned..

Tricia and the fur kids