Author Topic: Newbie Intro  (Read 4932 times)

Anakalia

Newbie Intro
« on: August 16, 2005, 09:25:39 am »
HI there!  My name is Andi and I'm mom to Koby the blue Great Dane!  A friend told me about this site - you know who you are! ;)- I have to say you're all hilarious!  I've been reading through messages and laughing, I think my daughter thinks I'm crazy!

Anyway, I can't wait to share my silly Koby stories with all of you, he's such a silly boy..... for instance last night we took him across the street to play with 2 labs.  Well he TOWERS over these two dogs, and they were tripping him up so bad.  He tried taking a sharp corner while sprinting like the labs did but the poor boy rolled it.  He had fun though and it was hilarious to see him trying to run fast, he's so clumsy!  I really wish I had a picture of him playing he gets the funniest look on his face!  I'm going to try to post a picture of him, no gaurantee it'll work though! ;D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 09:57:30 am »
Hi! Welcome!  This is a very fun board with lots of great people. 
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 10:16:48 am »
ANDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey I'm so glad you got on here.  I love love love it here.  So much better than the nasty places that get me so mad!  EEKKKK I have the biggest grin on my face.  I'm such a dork though I click on the message and I see Koby's face and I'm like OMG someone stole Koby's picture!  OK I'm gonna go dance now!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 10:18:29 am »
Welcome Andi, I love the pictures of Koby. Please send more. Here is a picture of my babies.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:47:31 pm »
How old is Koby?  He looks to be still a pup.  I have one dane, Gunther, who is 9 months old tomorrow, and Keiko a 7 yr old husky/shepherd mix.

I'm fairly new here too, only been on about a week or so, but I love every minute of it.  Power to the Danes!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 01:50:59 pm »
Welcome...he is so cute...I am so glad Willow is not the only one who is clumsy....we nicknamed her Noodle...cause her body is so floppy...lol

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 01:55:10 pm »
Welcome. Loved your rolling story..can't wait to hear more!
What looker Koby is :o

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 02:04:34 pm »
Hey!!  Thanks for the warm welcome!  I should have done a little better on my intro...jeez!  Koby is 18 months old, and beleive it or not he's still growing!  That's probably why he's so clumsy he's all legs. lol  He's now 36in at the shoulder and 170+ lbs.  He is a big lapdog, and with him being so big it now hurts when he tries to sit on me!  Every time I go to sit down I see a HUGE butt backing up towards me, kinda scary. lol  It's absolutely hillarious when we have visitors over and my 5 yr old 38lbs daughter can put him in a down/stay, people are amazed! 

LaurelGrove - I showed Koby Matties pic and I think he's in love with her and her tongue! lol  My pc monitor is all slobbery now! EWWWW!!!:-)

ZooCrew - We used to have a Husky/Golden Mix that looked a lot like Keiko.  EXACT same face with one brown, one blue eye, wayyyy too cute!

Here's another silly pic of Koby ;D

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 05:19:41 pm »
Welcome!! Your Koby is magnificent! Beautiful just wasn't enough of a word for him! I'm Cindy and I am owned by a 7 month old Pyr named Rocky. He is my first Giant breed but believe me, he won't be my last. My husband an I play "next we're gonna get........." ::)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 05:24:32 pm »
Welcome!  Koby is so adorable!  I love the photo with all the stuffing...  :D  Thanks for sharing your photos.

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 06:15:59 pm »
Hi From Ice and Ices Dad :o) You'll like it here, its a great Bunch of Dane Lovers, nice to have a group as nice as this group, Not Like other groups where you have to be someone to get replies :o)On here we are all Special!  Take Care All :o) Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 07:03:07 pm »
Hey welcome! Anky - you're crazy! :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 07:59:48 pm »
.....and you'll fit right in!  We're all crazy here...but we adore our dogs and everybody else's!!  Be careful cuz some people (and you know who you are) maintain "kidnap" lists and your dog is so gorgeous, he's bound to be named!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 08:14:48 am »
Koby is beautiful! I'm glad that you found BPO and look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.
Stella