Author Topic: Pyr forfeitures  (Read 4113 times)

Viking Lady

Pyr forfeitures
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:28:23 pm »
There seems to be a sad thing going on in my town. Since I have had Luke (he will be 1 on Sunday) there have been at least four ads in the paper looking for homes for Pyrs. My mom found them and pointed them out to me. She is so smitten with Luke, even though his size is a little hard for her to handle. (she is 90) But each ad was for a Pyr about 7 months old, and I think people must be realizing what pranksters they are and can't handle it. Last Sunday there were 2 ads in the paper. A 7 month old, free to a good home, and a 2 year old for $10. These were both females. If I were a better "parent" I would be tempted to take a female. How sad........... .....

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Pyr forfeitures
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:03:54 am »
I can't say I wasn't tempted to rehome my Pyr yesterday when I saw her latest landscaping efforts!

I'm sure the economy isn't helping.  Giant breed dogs aren't cheap to keep.

and yes - i am waiting impatiently for Greta to start digging!!   ;)
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 03:03:59 am »
"like a scarecrow" - i love that!  it's the perfect description!

but no - it doesn't help.  i'm going to send Greta a picture of Ursa's excavations.  can't have your girl going through life with NONE of the bad Pyr traits!  that wouldn't be fair to the rest of us!   ;D
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 07:23:28 am »
Just another reminder at how important it is to know what you're getting yourself into when choosing a Pyr as a breed.  It makes me so sad seeing these beautiful dogs (or any dog for that matter) being discarded as though you would put the trash to the curb, simply because people are unprepared for the inevitable.  Miss Naja is my first Pyr, but most certainly not my last.  I knew exactly what I was getting into when I picked her up, and have never regretted it for a second.

Those poor babies, I hope they find loving homes to spend the rest of their lives at.  :'(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!