Author Topic: The hardest thing I have ever done Letting go Please Read  (Read 8761 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: The hardest thing I have ever done Letting go Please Read
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 08:09:52 pm »
My heart and prayers go out to you tonight... I can just imagine how you are feeling... very soon we are going to put our Samson down... it is very hard on all of us... I've known him since I was 3 and hold him very close to my heart... we seem to take advantage of our furry friends being there every day and greeting us with that cocked head and wagging tail...

I pray that everything will go well and that God will grant you peace through this hard time

<3
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 08:34:48 pm »
Oh, I am so sorry.  I have had to put 2 dogs to sleep, and it is so heart breaking!  Miko, my lab-blue heeler mix needed to rest in February '04; and Dona, my golden retriver in April '05.  My heart & prayers go out to you.
hugs,
Laurie

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 07:30:03 am »
Hello everyone I am taking the day off and am at my boyfriends house on his computer.
Well it is done. The only time I have ever hurt that bad was when my Shadow (GSD i had from 15 to 22) moved on. Cronics was so weak that when we were givin the little time to say goodbye to him in private he kept trying to lift his head off the streatcher and it kept dropping back down and hitting his face on the metal part I put my hand under so it would not hurt and we talked to him and told him what a good and pretty boy he is and how much we love him and are going to miss him everyday for the rest of our life and we promised that we would see him again when it was our time to rest too. He was trying to give kisses but he kept missing god I hated seeing him like that and he sniffed our shirts I think to smell Spike on last time before he slept. And the doctor came in and gave him the shot and we hugged him and I rubbed his ear like he like us to do when he was relaxing and then he was gone and we stayed for a couple min. with him and we had to go cause we would have stayed. I did not want to leave him alone I felt like we were abanoning him in that room all alone waitin for them to come and get him. He is being cremated and we left 2 pictures with him to be cremated with him one of me and Pierre and one of Spike that way he will always have us with him no matter where he goes. We sat in the car for a little while cause neither one of could drive and we sat there and held each other. We went back home and somthing happend that I am not sure what it was but we were just sitting there and all of a sudden I realized I was not crying anymore and the pain was a little muffled and I had a feeling that he was still with us and everything was going to be okay and he was at peace and I felt at peace too.
Well I am going to get off here.
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and hugs. I really feel like home here on this board and before I came here I never thought there was this many people who felt the same way about their animals as I do .

Rachael, Pierre, Spike and Cronics who will always be missed.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 07:44:12 am »
I know it's really hard.   I hope you're feeling ok (as well as you can).  I'm sure he is at peace.  You will be too soon. 
I lost my Missy in February.  I had hoped she would pass at home on her pillow, but she was getting worse with her heart problems and it was the best to have her put to sleep quietly.  I knew I was going in the room with her and seeing her through this.  I hated seeing her at her last moment, but it was all part of having her and loving her so I wanted that last moment to be with me and me with her. 
I was so scared and I had heard stories about how they drift off slowly.  I didn't want that.  But she was so old and sick she left in less about 10 seconds. 
That was hard...hard not having more time.  If I had had more time I would have spent it wanting more time...and more time. 
And like you...when I got home it was quiet...hardly any tears and I wasn't "upset".   I have my moments still (kinda like now) where I miss her something awful and I think about her all the time and talk about her and remember her and the silly things she'd do.  She's only physically gone in my mind.  She's always here somehow. I can still remember her bark and how it felt to touch her head and scratch her ears.  :)  no one can take her from me.  And that's part of loving them too...Keeping them with you forever in body or spirit.