Great Danes > Great Dane Pictures

Victorian fire defence {and info on my status}

(1/2) > >>

CadillacQueen:
What's the best way to defend your precious sock toys against the raging inferno that's consuming Victoria?
Hide them inside a kiddie pool and sit on them!

And the fire got within 10 kms of my house!
We had everything packed to run, but turns out we were safe once the winds sifted. *phew*

Tonda:
GLAD YOU'RE ALL SAFE! I've been emailing with lots of my friends down there, trying to keep track of everyone. So far so good . . .

There was the saddest (but cutest) pic of a rescued koala drinking from a water bottle in my paper this morning. Made me all teary.

CadillacQueen:

--- Quote from: MastiffOverload on February 11, 2009, 10:08:32 am ---GLAD YOU'RE ALL SAFE! I've been emailing with lots of my friends down there, trying to keep track of everyone. So far so good . . .

There was the saddest (but cutest) pic of a rescued koala drinking from a water bottle in my paper this morning. Made me all teary.

--- End quote ---

I lost a few old friends and 7 teachers from my old school are unable to be contacted. Nobody knows if they're dead, or alive, or what.
Bad times.

They caught the arsonists, one was TEN YEARS OLD!
How awful.

London_Pyr_Lover:

--- Quote from: CadillacQueen on February 11, 2009, 10:13:22 am ---
--- Quote from: MastiffOverload on February 11, 2009, 10:08:32 am ---GLAD YOU'RE ALL SAFE! I've been emailing with lots of my friends down there, trying to keep track of everyone. So far so good . . .

--- End quote ---

I lost a few old friends and 7 teachers from my old school are unable to be contacted. Nobody knows if they're dead, or alive, or what.
Bad times.

How awful.

--- End quote ---

All this was started by arsonists?!  Those people will be going away for a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time I hope.  As for the kid, I wonder how the law will be dealing with him/her?   I'm really happy you're safe, and hope that your friends and teachers turn up unharmed.

CadillacQueen:

--- Quote from: London_Pyr_Lover on February 11, 2009, 10:22:55 am ---
--- Quote from: CadillacQueen on February 11, 2009, 10:13:22 am ---

--- End quote ---

Bad times.

How awful.

--- End quote ---

All this was started by arsonists?!  Those people will be going away for a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time I hope.  As for the kid, I wonder how the law will be dealing with him/her?   I'm really happy you're safe, and hope that your friends and teachers turn up unharmed.

--- End quote ---

They think over 80% was intentional.
They've taken into custody a 15 year old, a 40 year old, a 31 year old and a 10 year old. {all male}

All were either captured on security camera or caught by witnesses lighting fires in various places in the bush and in towns and parks.

The 40 year old said he wasn't sorry and he'd do it again if he could.

Mr.Rudd swore he'd do his best to try them all for mass murder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version