Author Topic: Hagrid: 215 lbs, Canine Good Citizen, Therapy Dog, Rescued Mastiff  (Read 8612 times)

Offline Hagrid

• Gnawer
  • SWM with 215 lb Mastiff
    • View Profile
    • Your Catfish Friend
What do you think of my dog, Hagrid? I rescued him from a Mastiff Rescue in WV, and I trained him to be a therapy dog. He has worked with Alzheimer's patients and Down's syndrome kids. Currently, he works at the public library, where kids read books to him. He's a big sweetie!

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Hagrid: 215 lbs, Canine Good Citizen, Therapy Dog, Rescued Mastiff
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 02:27:30 pm »
Hagrid is such a cute dog!  And I love the name.  Perfect for a big huge boy like that! 
Speaking of therapy dogs, do you know how to get them certified to be therapy dogs?  I would love for my dog to be able to go into childrens units in hospitals.  Here in Florida I think dogs just have to have a health certificate to go into old folks homes.  If you have any information on it let me know.  I know how much better he makes me feel, so I would love to share his sweet face.

Offline Hagrid

• Gnawer
  • SWM with 215 lb Mastiff
    • View Profile
    • Your Catfish Friend
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 03:02:10 pm »
I have a link to Therapy Dogs International on my website.

My website is: http://moly.sent.com

Check them out. They're who Hagrid is registered with.

J.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 09:55:50 pm »
Hey I loved your website! So much Hagrid!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 01:11:10 am »
Hi there,

He is a qutie, I just love the pic. on your site of him, where he is doing the typical "big dog with big lips rutine" and really show how not pretty they can be when they sleep lol.... ;D
I believe we live kinda close, and that you like basketball, right??? Am from outside Charlotte, NC. Have a Bullmastiff, a Siberian Husky (rescue) and a Golden mix (rescue) and am an expectant mom..... My OEM boy is 9 weeks old and will be coming home sometime during the next week. I am interested of showing but therapy is something that I have had in mind ever since I started looking for a Mastiff, I will go back to your page, and check out your link and hopefully my baby boy will do well and we can start working towards being in therapy.

Talk to you soon, and big slobbers to your big boy

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brees34488

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 10:24:13 am »
hello,Frist I would like to say he is a very handsome boy you have there.my boy isn't as big as yours,he's only 194 pounds. but just like you I got him though moca rescue here in florida. so glade that your are doing Therapy work with him. I bet every one loves him ;).keep us posted on how things o with him.

Offline JaxandLivi

• Gnawer
  • My Little Babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 07:06:39 am »
What a wonderful service you provide!  You make a world of difference each and everyday for these people.  Keep up the great work!  I wish I could become involved in something like this with my dogs.  They are so sweet and loveable, they just have so much to offer.  I am going to have to look into something like that within my area.  Thanks!
Michelle

Offline sheepies

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 08:10:21 am »
This is wonderful. I have two Old English Sheepdogs that I do therapy work with.
We also go to Alzheimers patients and nursing homes and hospitals. I wish more dog owners would do that. Just to see the smiles on patients faces when they see my sheepies.
This is so great, thanks for taking the time to visit.
Congratulation s to your dog also. Rescue dogs are wonderful. I also do oes rescue and one of my sheepies was a rescue, dumped on the side of the road and now she is my little Princess.
Ingrid

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:23:42 pm »
Great web site.Beautiful dog!!
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket