Author Topic: what kind of puppy?  (Read 9378 times)

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
what kind of puppy?
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:46 pm »
Well my friends dog all white husky had a litter and I ran into her and she was taking them to the pound. Not sure who dad is one guy thought it was his pitbull and said he would just drowned all the puppies. I know cruel. I dont know if its pitbull or not there not sure. So I convinced her to keep them another week and she found homes for all of them. I got one to train for my grandma, but when I told her about her she said she didnt want such a big dog and to me I guess thats fine. I work at home and spend all my time with my dogs anyway. So she'll be fixed as soon as she gets old enough so she wont be producing, but I cant tell what breed she is so I can get her license right when she turns 12 weeks and my vet just wrote down husky/?. So what do you all think? Her tail is curly but not a tight curl.
Owned by 3 saints and a Jack Russell Terror
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell
 River waiting at the bridge

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
Re: what kind of puppy?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:07:25 am »
The eye color too, I don't know very many pits with blue eyes...and it looks as though your new pup has the very blue eyes of a husky....but I am not sure how long the eyes can change color up to, and how old exactly your pup is...Good luck, and that is great that you persuaded your friend to keep them and place them rather than taking them to the pound.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 04:18:56 am »
Wow, she is just precious!  I would also go with Husky or Husky X, coming from a place that forces it's residence to destroy any and all Pits and Pitt mixes, you don't want to take that chance if breed specific legislation ever gets to your area.  We will need to see lots more pictures though!  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:37:54 am »
I can see definite pit characteristic s in there.  But as you know mom was a husky, husky mix is good enough.  And you can def. see the husky in there as well.  Cute little thing.

So I take it that is the one you're keeping?  One cautionary thing I would point out is that both breeds have high prey drives so you want to be prepared for that.  ;)

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:04 am »
I say the simpler the better. Stay with husky mix. She is absolutely gorgeous!

My baby is a mix too. I was told komondor/lab and I definatly see the kom but the personality is all lab.

Someone at the vets office made an entry error and have her listed as a cockapoo. My vet and I had a good laugh about it last week when we took her in (it is notated on all her paperwork/invoices). He said he would have it fixed and I told him to leave it, she will just be the biggest cockapoo ever! Hee Hee.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:37:34 am »
I'd just put down Husky mix. I tell everyone when I walk Angel that she is a Hound mix, I don't bring up the Rottweiler in her because I don't want the risk of someone hurting my girl if she ever got loose without me around. Only family and close friends knows she has Rottweiler in her.. It's sad how we have to hide our dogs breed(s) sometimes :(

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:09:01 am »
Oh I know I had something like that happen once with Angel. Someone was petting her and letting Angel jump all over her and lick her in the face. Well she asked what breed. I said "Hound mix" she asked mixed with what. I told her.. She jerked her arms back and backed up 2-3 feet and said "You let that thing lick me knowing it could have ripped my throat out?!" OMG..

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 01:41:40 am »
Oh Im not positive she was with a pit thats what they were thinking. I thought border collie maybe she has brown mixed in with her fur around her ears and tail. She also likes to follow me and run around in circles around me and try to eat my shoes or pantleg. Its just a guess. I dont mind pits though they are great dogs. The only reason my grandma did not want her is because shell be above 40pds as a guess. Im gonna just put husky as her major breed and as her second unknown.lol. She is cute though. Her and Kodiak get along great and Macey is good with her. Cujo and Angel dont really want to deal with the torture of puppy teeth so they tend to stay away from her, but as she gets better Im sure they will play.Cujo has always been cautious towards little dogs and puppys I think because he knows he is big.
    She will be 10 weeks old this coming week and so far she is doing good pooping outside already she however does not like snow at the moment. She does howl though especially while in the crate, but yet after shes done playing she'll go right back in there and go back to sleep she just doesnt want the crate shut. She however is chewing everything I cant keep her interested in her toys.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:43:54 am by goldensaint723 »
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:38:02 am »
She however is chewing everything I cant keep her interested in her toys.

Better get used to that.......... .lol.  ;)  Keiko was a horrible chewer as a pup.  Chewed up 2 of my parent's kitchen table legs (although that was my dad's fault for tethering her to the table).  Chewed thru a wood frame screen door, twice! (my parents didn't want her in the house originally so she was out in the screened porch with the family dog).  Chewed up the knobs on the end of my wrought iron bed.  Got lumpy knobs now..........L OL.  Destroyed several of my mom's plants, including an ancient christmas cactus that was a start from my great grandmother's plant.  I felt really bad about that one.  :(

She did get a bit better after about 4 months or so, as most of the damage was at my parents' house and not after I moved out with her..........L OL.

Offline goldensaint723

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58:34 am »
this suprisingly is the first dog that I have had that could not stay interested in 1 toy and chews everything. My saints were never bigger chews and my moms jack is very mellow suprisingly for a jack.
Cujo saint bernard
Macey saint bernard
Kodiak saint bernard
Angel Jack Russell