BPO Puppy Forum > FAQs about puppies

Somebody knock some sense into me please!

(1/2) > >>

Lyn:
My hubby wanted to get me a puppy for Valentine's day. He found a litter of Newf/Saint mixes.. 2 breeds that I absolutely LOVE! I have not seen them and I don't really know any background on this litter so I can't really comment about that, once I find out more that may be a deal breaker regardless of my puppy fever. BUT....

Normally I would be ecstatic but I'm obviously second guessing the decision. Part of it might be the fact that I don't know much about this litter other than they look more Newf... but in a way we have a fairly good dynamic going on now.

It's not Bubba and Lola.. I just don't know if I want to do the puppy training all over again. I'm the one that does the all potty training and feeding and overall care since hubby works a fair bit. Plus I love my sleep, but who doesn't. LMAO At the same time though I'd love another dog expecially a newf and the puppy stage only lasts so long right. :-\

I know my hubby wants a Newf so bad.. but is this the right time? Ahhhhh...

Lyn:
I think your right Jackie. When we got Bubba and Lola there was no questioning it. I was so excited and didn't care what I was in for.. sleepless night etc.

It's like I'm purposely thinking up reasons NOT to get a puppy. Although part of it (I think) is because all the responsibility falls on me. Now that Bubba and Lola are adults I don't have to chase them around and wonder what they are getting into. I kind of like things the way they are. :-\

Lyn:
I think that's my problem.. I have severe puppy fever. LOL

Just a little update.. They are asking if one of my Saints is a male. I think I know where that line of questioning is going. >:(

Even if I was ready for a pup I can't support these people.

I knew it! I just knew something was not right.

Lyn:

--- Quote from: DaneInsane on February 13, 2009, 09:38:53 am ---Are these the ones I saw online with a 1/4 yellow lab?  Its a newf/saint dad and a saint/lab mom?  If it is, then they are adorable.

However, I am of the same mindset as Jackie.  If there is some doubt, I'd wait.  Wait until you find a breeder with the right intentions and the perfect pup at the perfect time.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm, Hubby found it on a local forum that I'm registered on. Is it on Kijiji too? I'll have to look. The one I read doesn't say anything about lab, just Newf and Saint.

I haven't got a reply back yet since they asked if one of my Saints was male.

Lyn:
Ok I'm pretty sure I found the ad. They told me they had no pics but they have a pic on there.  ???

http://norfolk.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-PUPPIES-St-Bernard-New-Foundlander-Cross-W0QQAdIdZ106662809

Cute puppy.. but they don't look Newf or Saint to me.  :-\ Plus they are only 6 weeks old.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version