Author Topic: Have you seen this??? Champ has a growth on his paw pad :(  (Read 7892 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Have you seen this??? Champ has a growth on his paw pad :(
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:42 am »
I noticed that Champ had a little growth on his underside of his paw about 2 weeks ago.  Today, I took him in to a clinic that provides low cost vaccines and asked for the vet there to just take peek at his paw.  She thought it was probably just a cyst, but when she tried to drain it, nothing came out.  She's thinking it's just a little benign growth, but it's still a bit scary.  Champ can't get in to see the vet until Monday....

Anyone else see anything like this? 

DenverFurKiddos

Re: Have you seen this??? Champ has a growth on his paw pad :(
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 06:40:20 am »
Winston had a little warty on his nose about a year ago.  But, this one is kinda hard and smooth.  I just did a google search on sebaceous gland cysts...that was  a bad idea- there are some really funky things going on in this world! :)  Needless to say, thanks for easing my worry... :)

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:28:22 am »
The bigger one looked like a giant dog nipple on her back.  :P 

Ewww!!  Are you calling her Chandler (from Friends)?  Didn't he have an extra nipple????

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:55 pm »
You guys are G-double-O-D Good!!!!  :)  The vet thought it was a little tumor at first.  With the shape/appearance of it, Champs age, etc., he was sure it was benign.  We decided to just laser it off because of its location.

15 minutes later, the little booger was gone and the vet confirmed that it was just a little sebaceous cyst!!!  :)  Way to go! 

Of course, that night when I was snuggling with Winston, I discovered a little bumpy on his stomach.....UG H.  Seriously? Won't they ever just give us a break???? :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:15:13 pm »
Im glad to hear it was nothing of worry...
our Xolo, Pavi, has one of those on his foot too. i thought it was a zit, since he is very prone to them, but its still there after a few weeks... so im guessing its the same thing. so, i guess i dont need to worry much  :D
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~