Great Pyrenees > Great Pyrenees Discussions

There's a Bear on my street!! (Long sorry) **Now with pictures!!**

<< < (2/2)

Scootergirl:
I would find it very difficult to pass up helping that beautiful boy. I bet you'll cave and let him come home with you very soon!!

Can't wait to hear how this story ends.  :)

jesday:
Congratulation s on your new boy! ;)

If I had any doubt left about whether to take him, that last shot would cinch the deal. He's saying, "Aw, come on. Ya know ya can't resist me." :D

London_Pyr_Lover:
If it were up to me in the end, he'd already be here.  I'm a 26 year old adult child living back at home with my mother and step father.  We're waiting for his okay.  Thank you guys for all the wonderful positive feedback!  I love hearing all this especially since my boyfriend and sister have been nothing but negative.  Mike says it would be financially irresponsible to take Bear in, I say it would be morrally irresponsible NOT TO.  Sister says we don't need another dog, and I say but he needs a new home.  Basically I'm gonna do it regardless as long as my step father is okay with it, if not, I'm going to find some breed specific rescues in the area to see if they can help.  :)

And all of your encouragement means the world to me, so thank you.  :) :-* :-* :-* :)

London_Pyr_Lover:
Well I'm no closer to having Bear here.  At first I was told that I can't afford to have another dog, neutered and groomed etc.  So I went and did some research.  Here in London we have a great Spay/Neuter clinic in the animal hospital, they charge a flat fee of $85, regardless of size.  As for the grooming, there is a grooming school I can take him to.  He already has all his shots, so I don't need to worry about that.  It's just a matter of convincing Jim to let me take him in!  How on earth do I convince a stubborn farmer to let me take Bear home? ? ? ?

I have on the other hand found the GPCO (Great Pyr. Club of Ontario), and they have a surrender service.  But now I'm struggling with contacting them because I SOOOO want Bear here, and if I call them, they would take him away and my chance to have him would be gone.  And I know that it's completely selfish, and I know I should call them because that would be what's best for Bear, but, I want him!!  Araggh.  I'm going to call Terry now, and see if he'd be willing to give Bear up to a breed specific rescue... :'(

Skippy:
Haven't been here for a very long time. So what happened to Bear? Did you get him or did you let him go to rescue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version