BPO Growl & Howl Forum > Groans, Gripes, Brags & Boasts


(1/4) > >>

If anyone has any questions, please PM me.

Personally, I'm not a lab person.  I don't have anything against them, but it's just a preference. 
I would be mad and annoyed too.  No matter which breed you get, I would go to another breeder.  sounds like these people are just slackers and not quite right.  maybe they have great pups, but do you really want to take that chance.  you pay a lot of money for a Newf (not that I know how much a Newfy costs, but most pure breds are not cheap) and you should get quality and straight answers.  If the breeder has nothing to hide and is selling reputable dogs and blood lines, they shouldn't be dinking around with papers and certifications .  you know you can report this breeder to the UKC.  just a thought.  it would be a shame if they are doing this to not only the dog, but to the people who take their puppies thinking everything is fine.  That's practically abuse.
I hope you find the dog you want no matter which breed you choose.  Don't settle for a lab if your heart is set on a Newfy.  But get the lab if that's what you want.

I don't blame you for being angry.  I'd be furious!

As far as the lab vs another Newf - I think you need to look at all of the reasons that made you consider a Newf to start with.  Were you looking for a dog with a lower activity level?  A giant breed?  A dog that's easily trained?  Maybe you're like me and you just can't get enough hair and drool!

Whatever the reasons - be sure that the lab will fit into your lifestyle and will meet your needs and expectations.  They are, needless to say, very very different from Newfs.  In my case, Newfs and Pyrs are both good fits because I like a dog with a somewhat lower energy level.  A lab and I would just make each other miserable. 

Don't feel like you have to rush into a decision either.  I know how hard it is to be ready for a puppy and then find out that you need to wait.  If you're not sure then take a puppy break for awhile until you decide.

(btw - this doesn't mean that you get to skip the Newf get together while you're in TX!!)

I read the title and thought, oh crap.  So I say, oh crap!!!!  OK, first you were getting Gilligan, then the female (Mary Anne??), then both you and the "breeders" thought Gilligan would actually be better for you, now they want to keep him?!?!?!?!? :-\  Sounds very wishy-washy to me.  So now as far as they're concerned you're just out of a dog, after waiting, visiting....an d endless pictures  they have the gaul to say, "you know....we just can't part with him.  Sorry"  I certainly hope you didn't give them a down payment and if you did that money had better be in your hands right now!!!  Oh, I am so livid for you!!!!!

OK, deep breath.....As for the lab, not much of a lab person here either.  My friends have them, they're great, I just don't want one.  ZooCrew makes a good point, don't jump at a puppy just because it's there and you've been waiting for one.  Take a step back and really think about what you want.  Take your time, there are plenty of babies out there.  Good Luck!!

my thoughts, newfs are like no other dog!! but i am a little partial. they are so worth the wait!!  i am not a lab person but they are very high energy dogs.  i agree with others.  sit down and take a breath and really decide if you want a newf or are just wanting a pup of any kind. there are alot of breeders out there and it may take a little time to get a newf, but if that is what you mind was set on you may be disappointed with a lab.  best of luck with your search!!


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version