Author Topic: Left or right Pawed?  (Read 3592 times)

lins_saving_grace

Left or right Pawed?
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:21:53 pm »
Is it possible for our pups to be left or right pawed?  I was sitting here watching Grace hand me her paw.  I really wish I hadn't taught her that trick way back when.  She just loves that trick...and at all the wrong times.
Anyway...she tends to use her left paw more or better almost than her right paw.   
Maybe Grace is a "southpaw" literally.

Viking Lady

Re: Left or right Pawed?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:41:04 pm »
I think Luke offers his left paw,too. But his is a quick offer and then switches to the other one. Then that one's down.

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:33:20 pm »
Interesting... .  I think Zeus must be a lefty as well.  He always offers the left paw first.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 06:50:54 pm »
Well.....Daphn e, being a boxer, leads with her right then brings the left with lightening speed!!!!  Issy is a southpaw in every sense of the word!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 02:34:32 pm »
Horses are right or left leaded, one lead is always easy for them to take at the lope, and we have to spend a lot of time conditioning them to their weaker side. So, it's quite possible dogs are too! Our Aussie knows how to offer the paw I aske her for, but she's always quick to want to offer her left first, but I can't remember if that is the one I started teaching her with or not? She also will only roll over to the left!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:42 am »
Athena is a righty. She will "paw you" with her right if you are ignoring her and she wants your attention.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties