Author Topic: I might be losing my mind.....  (Read 6276 times)

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
I might be losing my mind.....
« on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:55 pm »
    Well Chris thinks I'm going crazy and I just might be. So here's the thing. I'm a stay at home soon to be mom. Which is great it's what I always wanted but I won't have the baby till July so until then I find myself overly bored with nothing to do. Chris works from 3:30pm - 2:30am so I'm home alone alot and it's hard to have dinner together. I LOVE to cook and bake (I was a professional cake decorator before I decided to stay home) and I usually just makes dinner for myself and put Chris's portion in a container for him to take to work the next day.

My favorite part of cooking is watching the other person enjoy it and I never get to. Well most of the time you can't find portions for just two people. Sooooo I've started to cook for the dogs.  :P I make meals now that me and the dogs can eat together. I even put them on their own plates and make it look really nice. Tonight we had chicken parm, with boneless skinless chicken breasts, homemade tomato sauce and steamed vegetables. Hades and Roxi loved it and they always seem to enjoy it way more then Chris. LOL!

Hades: 2 year old, Saint Bernard/Great Dane/English Mastiff mix
Jypsi: 8 week old Cocker Spaniel/Australian Cattle Dog mix
Kane aka Poe, Kira, Karma, Kalypso, and Krystal my kitty kids
A ball python
Otis the rabbit

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: I might be losing my mind.....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:52 am »
If you're not careful, you may have 'local' BPO'ers showing up at your doorstep around dinner time!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 02:18:30 am »
If you're not careful, you may have 'local' BPO'ers showing up at your doorstep around dinner time!
Knock-knock!!!  :D :D :D Breakfast time  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 02:21:25 am »
I'll be stopping by for lunch!  The bag of energizer mix I bought out of the machine suddenly doesn't look so good.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 07:10:58 am »
 ;D Well cooking has always been my passion. I took a ton of culinary classes. I some how managed to find a guy that is super picky. So it's hard to make anything because he won't eat anything. I used to own a pet bakery called "Pet's Pantry" and we made any type of human desert doggy safe, so I now just use the doggy safety things I learned then and mix it into my regular cooking.

And if anyone is ever in Wisconsin, my house is always open and I often throw dinner parties....... ;)
A ball python
Otis the rabbit

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:56:50 am »
I don't want to sound like a sour puss but........

I am married to a cook/chef who was the pickiest eater ever and he was not fun to cook for at all. Fortunately, he was at work for most meals. On his day off I dreaded cooking dinner. So I would say, enjoy cooking for the ones that appreciate it, hairy or skin.

When baby comes, expose him/her to every food possible when the time is appropriate and maybe you won't have another picky eater. And congratulation s on your new one. There's no greater blessing.

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
Yea, the baby will definatly be exposed to everything. That's Chris's main problem, his mom never made him try anything. She would make dinner for her and his brother and then make Chris something special. I was raised where we tried EVERYTHING and if we didn't like what was made for dinner then we could eat the left overs in the fridge or go hungry. Chris is getting better. He was much much worse when we first got together, now he tries everything at least.
A ball python
Otis the rabbit