Siberian Huskies > Siberian Husky Pictures

Have I Lost My MIND????

(1/2) > >>

Softhug:
So after the issues we had with Boudreaux two weeks ago (all which seem to be working out ok), there is going to be a new addition to our family.  I have wanted something small for awhile now, a lapish kind of dog...pug to be precise.  WELL...hubby went home to visit family in AL last week and the ex-wife has a husky puppy that her new hubby got her in November.  See where this is going?  Yea, she isn't a dog person and is needing to get rid of her registered Husky already.  So Big Daddy will be returning to Cornfield h*ll with a Husky pup.  Lap dog?  nope.  But  I guess that is ok, we are keeping a pup from going to the shelter and that is where he was headed.  :)  I've been reading up on them but anyone with experience, feel free to send any tips/hints/knowledge my way!  I appreciate anything you can tell me about the breed. :) Oh his name will be Comrade and he will be here tomorrow!  Wish me luck!   

Softhug:
My chow was pretty hard headed too.  Hubby says you can call this pup and call him and he just does his thing.  He is starting obedience training today.  LOL!  I appreciate your hints and thoughts.  I will post more photos, however as the ex's hubby is a photographer, they won't likely look as good!   ;) 

lins_saving_grace:
that face has an adorability factor off the charts.  That's nice of your hubby to help his ex by taking her dog.  nothing worse for a dog than to live with someone who is not a dog person.  you're doing a wonderful thing.
Pugs are very cute!! I thought about getting one once, but i didn't want to deal with the eye and breathing issues they tend to develop.

horsepoor21:
Congratulation s !

I'll always have a special place in my heart for this breed , I was owned by one for six years , he was my best friend ! His name was Willow and he was a red & white also , only with golden colored eyes .

I got him in Alaska when my Dad was stationed up there . Willow's sire ran in the Iditerod , so he came from really strong working lines .

I found him very easy to teach tricks to . Very snuggly and easy going in the house . GO - GO - GO when he was outside , he used to love to just do circles around our house . Over and over and over again ! LOL He was pretty good at coming when called but I would never have trusted him off leash anywhere without a fence .

We really found a great outlet for his energy when my Mom bought him a racing harness and I started taking him out on bike rides . I never once had to pedal , just let him jog ahead of me , pulling me for miles . He learned left and right , stop , slow down , go faster , etc . It was so much fun !

I hope to have a sled dog team in the future when we finally get our place  :)

NewfFan:
You have not lost your mind, because he is TOO CUTE to pass up! Goodness is he ever! I have no experience with Huskies, but have to say, I've always wanted one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version