Author Topic: Lady has lost her fight  (Read 8833 times)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Lady has lost her fight
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 10:54:56 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your Lady.  It is hard to say goodbye.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Like others have suggested, we have buried our lost pets on my parents property.  They always loved playing there, and so it seemed fitting. 

Jessica

Offline OEMlover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2005, 07:44:11 am »
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Someone told my sister when she lost her Golden that we take their pain and make it our own when we set them free. I have found those words comforting to me.
We lost a foster not too long ago and that loss almost did me in. The pain is still raw when I think of it, but I focus on the love and care that she got, as I do with the others we've loved and lost.   
Your Lady was so lucky to have a caring mom. She took that love with her. Remember that.
We will all be trampled one day at the bridge when we are reunited w/ all of our furkids
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed sweet Lady

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2005, 04:42:20 pm »
My Lady girl, a 4 year-old Great Dane, has lost her last fight for life(one of many) and passed away last week.  I am deeply grieved and saddened.   She had cancer and will suffer no more, but it is so very hard.  My last dane died of cancer at the age of 13 years old and that almost did me in.  Lady was so young...

I have Lady's ashes as well as Katie's, Samson's and Brutus' ashes.  I haven't been able to scatter them nor bury them.  They are in separate urns, because I was always so afraid of moving and leaving them.  They all lived, played and loved here at this home and large back yard. They all loved to lie under the apple tree or under the shade of the berry bushes.  I don't know if I can or should leave the ashes here.  What do you all suggest?  I guess I just can't let go...or say goodbye to any of them.

The ashes of my beloved one sits on top of my computer monitor, for the same reasons you describe.

I want to say I am so sorry for your tragic loss, and she was so young.

There are no right or wrong ways to deal with these kinds of losses, just what is right for the individual.

I have been comforted in the past by these words.....

THE POWER OF THE DOG
by Rudyard Kipling

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
 From men and women to fill our day;
But when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
 Love unflinching that cannot lie--
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
 Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
 And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair
But . . . you've given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will
When the whimper of welcome is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood
 Is gone wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear!

We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long
So why in Heaven (before we are there!)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

I don't know the answer.

But we all do, don't we?

My sincerest condolences. There are so many of us out here who know just how you feel right now.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 11:13:04 am »
I am so so sorry for your loss. Lady was so young. But she knew how loved and cared for she was and I truly believe that she now is running around being a spunky, happy, pain free dog at the bridge. Playing with all her new friends and keeping an eye on her family down here.

We lost Buffy just a few weeks ago, it still feels like it was yesterday. It takes time, it is okay for it to take time. And they will always be in our heart.

Where you let go of her is something that only you can tell when and where it is the right time and place. I am sure though, that when that time and place is, you will feel it.

Lady and you will be in my thoughts and prayers

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 12:04:18 pm »
This may sound corny and mabye weird to some but here goes anyway, its just an idea.  3 years ago my husbands best friend was killed, leaving behind wife and 2 girls the same age as my youngest and oldest who at the time were 5 and 9.  The girls had a terrible time of it, Doug was cremated and before they scattered his ashes, Tammy (wife) bought lockets for the girls and put some ashes in each locket, then she had the lockets permanently sealed, the girls wear him over their heart. It helped them feel better.
 When you are ready to let go mabye you could do something similiar so you will always have them with you. 
I am really sorry for your loss...
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2005, 12:06:48 pm »
WOW...That is beautiful.  (Where to bury a dog)
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson