Author Topic: Poor Moo...  (Read 4998 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Poor Moo...
« on: February 25, 2009, 04:35:24 pm »
Poor Moo has bloody feet.  My step father decided to cut Moos nails.  Problem is Mr. Farmer, knows everything about animals, Mr. Animal Husbantry guy himself (I don't even know what that term means...) is too much of a Rammy SOB and didn't ask me for help.  So poor Moo had his nails trimmed WAYYYYYY too short!  This happened like 3 hours ago, and the poor little guy is STILL bleeding.  I used Corn Starch right away 'cause I didn't want to take the time to look for my stiptic powder, and I put socks on his feet.  Well He bled through the socks, so I found the stiptic powder, and at least one nail on every foot is still bleeding.  I've got the powder on him, and wrapped the bad feet with gauze and put fresh socks on him, but the poor baby is still obviously still in pain, and I was wondering if there is anything else anyone can suggest I can do for him.  ??? :'(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

angelsmama

Re: Poor Moo...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:55:47 pm »
you'll think im crazy bbuutt. cayenne powder.. it does NOT hurt. bare sting is all you feel. ive put it on cuts  before that wont stop bleeding , within seconds it clots. it even works on deep puncture wounds. it's amazing how fast it works. here's an excerpt from a book on cayenne pepper used internally...

"Once a child was shot in the abdomen; a bullet hit the spine, ricocheted, and made a second wound leaving the body. One of Dr. Christopher's herbal students living next door heard the shot and raced over. She knew that the parents were not home and that the children, ages eight and four, should not be shooting guns. When she arrived, the eight-year-old was gushing blood out of both his sides. They had been playing cops and robbers with their father's gun which she found under a pillow. She ran to the cabinet and mixed a tablespoonful of cayenne in a glass of water. She then poured it down the boy's throat and called the ambulance which was 18 miles away. By the time you could count to ten, cayenne will stop the bleeding. The emergency room attendant said that the boy would probably bleed to death, being that the distance was so great. The ambulance arrived and rushed the child to the Primary Children's Hospital, 18 miles away. When the child arrived at the hospital, he was the center of attention, not because his condition was so serious, but because he was chatting a mile a minute- and there was no bleeding."

and here is an excerpt from a book on external uses on  cayenne

Dr. Christopher even used cayenne tincture directly on open wounds. It would sting, but the bleeding stops. Even if the wound is a deep cut exposing bone, that wound may still be filled with cayenne pepper. Many people, when they see the skin ruddied by cayenne, believe that the skin is irritated. But cayenne is a counter-irritant. Cayenne brings the blood to the surface to take away any toxic poisons and start the healing. The redness comes to the skin from the blood that has rushed to the surface to assist carrying off wastes."

with my experience i put it ON a cut.. when my stepdad gets nosebleeds he does internal and the bleeding stops in a few seconds..

just a suggestion :) dip his nails cayenne, it will stop bleeding..

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 03:20:39 am »
Sorry that poor Moo got such a nasty manicure but sure glad to hear about the caynne power. I use it all the time cooking but think I will get some more to have on hand! Thanks for such a great tip!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:32:40 am »
Aw, healing thoughts/prayers for Mr. Moo!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:55:41 am »
Thanks for all the great suggestions and well wishes guys (caynne?  Who'd of thought?  :))  He was still in pain and I think a little depressed last night, he was much quieter then normal for him.  But he's feeling better today, he's up and barking at the barn cats through the windows, and generally being a pest, so I think he's all good now.  :)  But from now on I think I'm going to ask my step father to leave all the grooming to me.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:24:11 am »
Oh it would work. It makes it clot near immediately. If it made gunshot wounds stop bleeding it would work for anything else ;)