Author Topic: Parker is an odd dog  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Vapidfire

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Parker is an odd dog
« on: February 27, 2009, 06:28:55 am »
Hello Everyone,

Well the subject is pretty self explanatory! she is a very odd dog.

For the past two days she wanted nothing to do with us. We had to lasso her cowboy style to get her to go into her crate. She wouldn't let us near her despite the fact she really loves her crate.

Today it's like a complete turn around. It's like the light bulb in her head has clicked on. Since getting up this morning she has become my shadow.

Also so far this morning Kaylee is being less of a jerk to her. She's still growling on occasion but she's stopped snapping and trying to chase her out of the room.

I just found it funny because it was literally like some switch had been flicked on in her mind. Last night, skittish this morning shadow!
Cat
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro Female
Kaylee: Fila Brasileiro Female
Lincoln: Newfoundland Male
Keegan: Fila Brasileiro Male
Cathen: Fila Brasileiro Male
Bug & Ger: Devon Rex Cats
Remus: Roommates Mutt
Rescues of all sorts

lins_saving_grace

Re: Parker is an odd dog
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:09:55 am »
Hello Everyone,

Well the subject is pretty self explanatory! she is a very odd dog.

For the past two days she wanted nothing to do with us. We had to lasso her cowboy style to get her to go into her crate. She wouldn't let us near her despite the fact she really loves her crate.

Today it's like a complete turn around. It's like the light bulb in her head has clicked on. Since getting up this morning she has become my shadow.

Also so far this morning Kaylee is being less of a jerk to her. She's still growling on occasion but she's stopped snapping and trying to chase her out of the room.

I just found it funny because it was literally like some switch had been flicked on in her mind. Last night, skittish this morning shadow!

isn't it weird how they seem to have moods too.   Grace is like that too.  She's "snotty" or "Crabby" as i call it at certain times.  Other times she won't sit on the couch with me...other times she won't get off my lap.  i can't figure it out.  it just happens and we may never know why.

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:06:55 am »
Yeah, let me know if you find that switch so we can have to right mood at the right time. ;D

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:53:09 am »
Strider is a lap dog, or what we call a people slut, he loves on everyone as soon as they walk in the door.
Stella
This one had me laughing out loud. I think both my dogs are "people sluts". Neither has ever met a person that wasn't their new best friend forever.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:59:27 am »
I'm glad that Parker is settling in some. 

Kaila is my cookie whore but no people sluts in my house. (I love that description!) As long as you hold a cookie in your hand then you have the key to Kaila's heart.  Once you are out of cookies then she is done with you.  Shiner well he's just Shiner.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience