Author Topic: OMG!!!...OMG!!!!...One of my cats had a bat IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: OMG!!!...OMG!!!!...One of my cats had a bat IN THE LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 02:40:16 pm »
Gypsy, can you send me the plans for the bat houses? I am fascinated by bats and when we move back to Minnesota next year I am going to do wildlife rescue and specialize in bats.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 07:31:57 pm »
Here in East Tn We have lots of bats. I have one that lives in the garage which is the basement. It goes up in the rafters under the insulation. I think it gets in under the garage door where there is about a  3 inch gap. At dusk you can see them flying all over the yard swooping around.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 10:52:14 am »
We have bats here on Long Island too. Last year there were a lot in my yard, about 6. The only time I had a problem was when I would go feed the horses in the fall when it was just getting dark, they would swoop down in front of your face. Natural instinct is to protect your face, I didn't want to hit them so I put my hood on & kept my face down when walking to the barn.
Carolyn
Carolyn

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 12:36:55 pm »
Gypsy, can you send me the plans for the bat houses? I am fascinated by bats and when we move back to Minnesota next year I am going to do wildlife rescue and specialize in bats.

Jeanne
When i find the book again i sure will!...Might have to have the page photocopied & send it to you via snail mail though as my scanner never has worked...I'll let ya' know when I find it...word of warning though...I don't usually get to anything fast but I promise I will! :)