Author Topic: Can't always love it to Health - Update  (Read 3146 times)

jesday

Can't always love it to Health - Update
« on: March 06, 2009, 04:49:53 pm »
Looking for a little BPO power of good thoughts and prayers for my sister's little 5 year-old Pom.

The poor thing had some kind of episode that has rendered her without balance. She can't stand and back leg stiffens while front legs twitch uncontrollably on and off. Her vet took blood work and checked her over but has yet to know what is wrong. She wanted my sister to take Sarah to the emergency clinic and get her on IV and have 24hr monitoring.

My sister decided Sarah would be too stressed and frightened to be left overnight so she took her home to try and administer potassium paste every couple of hours. She feels all Sarah needs is to be held until this is over.

I don't know if this is the best decision, at least until they figure out what is wrong, but I am praying for them both. She just lost her blood hound of 13years about two months ago. If she looses her Pom now, she will be in a very bad way. :'( :'(

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:14:39 am by El'skids »

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Can't always love it to Health
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:06:37 pm »
Sarah and your sister are both in my prayers!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Can't always love it to Health
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:34:49 pm »
Prayers and lots of healing thoughts going out from here.  Please keep us posted on how both of them are doing.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

jesday

Re: Can't always love it to Health - Update
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 04:24:00 am »
Well, little Sarah is not any better. Because of whatever else is going on she can't urinate as well. The vet tried to palpitate the bladder and could only get out a little. Vet strongly urged again for my sister to take to the emergency clinic to catheterize and put on IV and monitoring, but sis just won't do it.

I offered to help financially if that was the problem, but she insists she can take care of her and that she is much better off at home.  :-[

Gosh - I'm a bit of a hypochondriac with my bubs, but in this case it sure sounds like a little more than TLC is indicated? Poor little fluff ball. :'(   

Viking Lady

Re: Can't always love it to Health - Update
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:12 am »
I think her fear of a bad outcome is making her put it off. I hope everything will be ok. I'm sending prayers.