Author Topic: Pictures from the Detroit Kennel Club show  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Pictures from the Detroit Kennel Club show
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:28:54 pm »
Just wanted to share my pictures of the dog show last weekend with you all.  We had such a blast.  There we're so many BPs and all of the owners were so incredibly nice.  My favorites were the pyrs (of course), the malamute who crawled into my 9 year old's lap, the big ol' bullmastiff, the lab who played young Marley in the movie, and all of the therapy dogs from my hospital (Children's Hospital of Michigan).  I can't wait until next year when hubby and I get to bring Zeus and Apollo to the show to hang out with all of the other therapy dogs!  We were invited this year, but I didn't feel right since we haven't officially had a therapy visit yet.  But orientation at the hospital is next week!!!  Yeah!!! ;D  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos! 

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/guthriefamily005/DKC%20dog%20show%202009/?action=view&current=9177adb3.pbw
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:46:58 pm by Amy (guffer) »

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures from the Detroit Kennel Club show
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 12:57:53 pm »
great pics. I know the lady with the great dane (harl). her name is Sandy, shes from  High stakes farms. she is dating a Bull terrier handler. they give us ALOT of help in the ring. great people ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:43:32 pm »
Great pics Amy!  Your kids looked like they really enjoyed themselves!  Those were some beautiful dogs, I especially loved all the Pyrs!  And the Leo!  I've never seen a Leo in person, I get all giddy when I get to see pictures of them!  lol  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:03:56 pm »
Really awesome pics!  Its hard to pic a fav but I loved the one pic of the bully mastiff with his little head on the ground...They were all great...I agree that it looks like your kiddos had a great time too

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:35:46 pm »
Wonderful pictures, thanks for posting those! You kids looked like they were having a ball, is that a mal that your son is kissing/hugging? What a darling picture!
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline PyrPack

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 05:22:51 pm »
Great pictures, thanks.  It looks like the dogs and their people were having a lot more fun than at the Westminister show.  How do they get those BPs on the grooming tables?  I groom my Pyrs myself and normally sit on the floor.  Even the vets exam my dogs on the floor.

Achilles and I are in therapy training class right now.  I've been meaning to do this since my first Pyr, years ago.  They have the perfect temperament and people have to pet them.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:53:59 am »
Wonderful pictures, looks like everyone had a blast.
I loved all the pyr pix and of course dane pix as well.