Author Topic: Radio station threat to drown a dog a hoax...not a funny one.  (Read 6504 times)

lins_saving_grace

Radio station threat to drown a dog a hoax...not a funny one.
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:40:13 am »
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/grmetro_article.aspx?storyid=42936

amazingly the story has been whipped off the radio stations web site.  and you can't even click on the "contact us" and email them.  http://www.wpnw.com/content/news/

This wasn't too funny.  Never should anyone with access to public airwaves spend time making jokes about life (dog or people) for their own amusement or for entertainment or ratings.  I think people in every state value the lives of their dogs and were outraged.  Phone lines were clogged for hours while people called 911 all day.  I think those phone lines should be freed up for genuine emergencies, although at the time everyone thought this one was a genuine emergency. 
I was outraged!!! 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Radio station threat to drown a dog a hoax...not a funny one.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:56:35 am »
 I read the article, how can those radio people be soo stupid! I hope that the rest of the advertisers pull from the radio station too. And those 3 morons deserve to be fired! Think of all the 911 calls that were missed because of this ( yes I would have called as well to save the doggy). 

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

dohertyswissy

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 07:58:50 am »
THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!  You got to love the boss claiming he didn't know what they were doing.  YEAH RIGHT!

What a bunch of numbskulls!!!  It does give me hope in the goodness of people, however, that there was such a response to save this fictional dog.

Blugh!!  I'm all riled up!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 08:04:11 am »
It's terribly disturbing I know.  I was so mad when I heard about it Friday when I got home.  I don't listen to KLQ...so I didn't hear about it till about 6pm. I was going to email the station but can't so I emailed WZZM13 to find out what kind of follow up is being done.  I'll keep you posted.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 08:15:52 am »
I bet those 2 morons are in such trouble, with all those sponsers pulling, you know that more are going to, and they will also lose quite a few listners too.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 08:16:49 am »
I bet those 2 morons are in such trouble, with all those sponsers pulling, you know that more are going to, and they will also lose quite a few listners too.

Nina
I hope so!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 06:28:27 pm »
I can't imagine why they would think that it was a good idea to pull that stunt. I hope those jerks get a huge fine.
RIP former BPO

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 03:58:45 am »
More reasons to support local community radio and avoid Clear Channel and their clones. A Portland station with a similar format has pulled a variety of bone-head stunts only the local losers prefer to pick on a particular mentally dissabled fan. Real Class! If you don't sell them your ears they go out of business. If you don't have a local public or community radio station you can get some really good stations on-line.
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx