Many Breeds Together > Group Discussions & Photos

Ellie picts and the new name begins

(1/4) > >>

TINKSMOM:
Sorry it took so long but here are a few picts of Ellie. Tim and I agree the name just doesn't fix but we are drawing a blank as to what to name her. Ellie fits for now, but not sure if it will when she gets big. Below are a list of possibilities that did not get crossed off the list but I would like to get an id tag and start practicing her recall. We spent most of the day outside together and she follows Tink around like she is her mom, it was so cute. Tink even surrender her dog bed to her for a nap.(see below). She kept bringing Ellie toys trying to get her to play but she was tooo pooped to play. She is small for her litter, the runt at 40 lbs, her big brother was 50+ and the rest fell in between. From what I gather their mother was a saint, less than a year old and she had 6 pups total. The were all locked in a 8x8 shed and fed once a day. It was a survival of the fitest, so she probably didn't always get her share. She has some big paws though so I am sure she will fill them out. She is calm, docile and just adorable. Her hair is super thick, wavy and feels like rabbit fur. Any suggestions on names would be appreciated. Here is what we have so far. I want something cute that fits her personaliy, but not too froo froo and is easy to recall. One or two syllables.

Shy - because she is so shy, but that is chaning rapidly
Cinders - because of her coloring and my best friend Cinda
Destin - one of our favorite places to vacation
Marley - I love it, it fits, but will soon be over done
Annie - for little orphan
Zoe - but Tim hates it
Ellie - because it fits for now

TINKSMOM:
P.S. She has taken to her crate well. 48 hours and no accidents. - Yeah!

Newfy/ Saint owners - where do you think she falls in growth wise. She is estimated at 14 weeks (still has all her baby teeth)but her big brother was over 10 lbs heavier. Does she have some catching up to do or is she right on track?

TINKSMOM:
Oh one more thing. When we were outside yesterday, the kids next door were riding skooters up and down the driveway and Ellie went up to our side of the creek and started barking! She was defending her new home from the evil contraptions! She has an impressive deep bark for such a little girl. I was so proud. I think she knows she is home!

filafan:
She is so precious, what a lovely girl. I too vote Cinders, unusual and pretty.

DAMAGE:
Congratulation s, she's beautiful!! Too many factors to make a guess on how big she will be. Was Mom big? Was Dad? Mom's extreme youth could possibly affect the litter's potential as well. According to an old (like from the 50's) weight chart I have, a 14 week old female should be around 42 pounds. This is fairly light for today's standard but your girl also has the Newf genes to consider as well. They may "lighten" her a bit :) Many times being born the runt of the litter doesn't mean staying small. "Good Girl", Tink, for being such a sweet, generous, big sister! How about Bell(e)(a), for a name? Then when you call the girls all you have to say is "Tink a Belle, come"!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version