Mixed Breeds > Mixed Breed Pictures

Hi everybody! need some help!

(1/3) > >>

carrie:
this is leo or the big baby as we like to call him. he's so loveable and sweet. huge but a good pup. he's 3 and a half months old. he came from colorado. they said he is pyrennees/wolf? can't figure if he is or not? all the pry. I can find are all white or with a little coloring? help? he has white and black toenails, webbed, 1 dew claw in the front and none in the back? just went to the vet and he weighed 56 lbs. already. the vet doesn't want to see him if he does have wolf in him. I don't know what to do?!!! she said they were against the law in tenn. but we didn't know that when we got him. my husband got him from a friend in texas when he was there working. they didn't have the room or time for him, so he brought him home for me. any ideas how to find anything out about him maybe being wolf? or pyr.?

ZooCrew:
Not that I'm an expert by any means......... ........but just by looking at him, I'm not sure he has either breed in him.  I can't see that coloring or head shape coming out of a pyr/wolf mix.

I would not go around telling people he is a wolf mix.  If your vet is concerned I would put him down as a pyr/shep mix or pyr/mal/sibe mix........... although if he is uncomfortable with your dog it may already be too late for that vet.  And yes, in most states it is illegal to own a wolf or wolf hybrid w/o a special license.

It is hard to tell parentage with his current age.  It is much easier to tell once they are closer to 6 mo old.  But he is on track for a big paw.  My dane was 42 lbs at 12 wks.

Are you sure his feet are webbed?  The webbing on webbed feet starts usually just below the end of the nail or beginning of the toe.

do you have any more pix of him? he is a cutie to be sure, i love his coloring.  Welcome to BPO, btw.  :)

GoldenPyrs:
Hmmm, I'd guess GSD?/Pyr mix.  His ears look more Pyr to me, but his face is slimmer (more like a GSD or ?), and since he's so young, it's still a little hard to tell.  In any case, he's adorable!  I'd tend to agree with Chris (Zoo Crew) that you may want to keep it a little quiet about the wolf question just so that you don't end up with legal issues.  :-X  I'd also suggest that you watch him closely around cats, chickens, etc. though until you know if he has a high prey drive.  We have someone on this board that suspects that he has a Pyr/Artic Wolf hybrid and I read that his beautiful pup has a tendency to hunt around the farm, so you may want to keep a very close eye on your little guy (especially as he gets a few months older), so that everyone stays safe.   ;) 

Ursa:
I have to agree - his coloring is all wrong for a Pyr/Wolf mix.  He looks more like a GSD mix. 

MagicM3:
It;s kinda hard to tell with this picture..but I don't see any thing pointing towards wolf..his head and eyes look nothing like it..he could have Pyr..even without the back dew claws..but he sure looks like a great dog..

Weird about your vet..though..e ven he couldn't detect caracterists of a wolf..but the thought of it he didn't want to deal with???????????????????

I would get a different vet..and not mention the wolf part..and say he is a pyr mix..until he grows up some..

Would love to see more pics especially standing and side view..

TATFK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version