Author Topic: Have to share BPO sighting that will show true love between dog and man!  (Read 5408 times)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
I have to share with you guys what I saw while on a weekend getaway. We were in Harpers Ferry WV. It is an old historic town and is a hiker & biker’s paradise. Beautiful trails and it naturally attracts BP owners. They were everywhere and each and everyone was really enjoying the sudden warm weather (mid 70’s). Anyway I thought I was a dedicated BP owner but I saw a young guy that truly fit the definition of “in love with his BP”.

I was enjoying a break from a long hike ant an ice cream stand.  I saw a huge German Sheppard dog lying behind this young guys truck and you could see the guy getting things together to go on a hike. I though the dog was lying there in kind of a strange position but I didn’t think anymore about it till I saw him lift out a doggie wheelchair. The dog was paralyzed from mid-spine down. I watched as he lifted this huge dog and very gently placed him in the cradle. He fixed his tail and then each rear paw into little harnesses so his paws would not drag. The he put on his leash and that dog just looked so happy and off they went.
This stand was packed since it was really warm and no one made a sound. Everyone there with dogs just stood there with tears in their eyes. It was awesome to see so much love and care for a dog.

Just had to share since we see so much bad done to man’s best friend!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

jesday

Oh my gosh! I know that dog! Well I don't know it, but I've seen him and his owner many times. We used to live in Charles Town WV which is only a 10min drive from Harper's Ferry. I even know the ice cream stand, kind of on the last little spit of a road between the town and the railroad, right?

I still have a vivid image of those two. When Sophie first had blown ACL's the first thing I told hubs was, "well we can always rig her up like the Harpers Ferry guy."

It truly is a small world. And I have always loved that guy for what he has done for his bub.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
That is amazing--what a small world! I just love it there. Yep it was Swiss Miss stand. We go to Harpers Ferry every spring and fall!!

Isn't he a beautiful dog!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
That totally brings a tear to my eye to hear that.  Not many people would go to that extent, unfortunately.

Kirsti

Wow! What an awsome guy! There is deffinitly love for mans best friend. What a luck dog to have a person like that.  ;D

~Kirst

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
I have tears in my eyes.  That truely is sweet, I'd love to see more people in this world who would share that much compassion and love with their dogs. 
Thanks for posting that, I needed a smile today.  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing that--we need more stories like this one! :-*

We sure do!  Thank you for both the smile and the happy tear.  He sounds like a wonderful man and a very special sweet pup.  They are both so lucky to have one another.   :-*

Oh & wow, this is such a small world.  How cool is that?   8)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees