Author Topic: Soldier Being Deployed To Middle East Rottie needs home  (Read 2129 times)

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Soldier Being Deployed To Middle East Rottie needs home
« on: August 17, 2005, 08:43:00 pm »
Hey Guys

I was checking another web site that I belong to and saw a posting that a soldier is being deployed to Afganastan (spelling?) on August 25th and is trying to find a temporary home or it may be permenant for his 7.5 year old rottie male(neutered). He will be gone for 15 months. At this time his mother is watching the dog but can't keep him. The soldier lives in the St Louis area.  Do you think we can help this guy out. My hubby says no more dogs >:( or I would try to give him a home.
 Let me know if anyone can help.

Deb
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Soldier Being Deployed To Middle East Rottie needs home
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:54:28 pm »
This is so sad...I've heard the same kind of story so many times & it always breaks my heart...Our local paper ran a story about a woman who was being deployed & needed a home for her dog...She had so many offers of foster homes!...Maybe he should contact the media?

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier Being Deployed To Middle East Rottie needs home
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:00:36 pm »
I know it is so sad. Not sure if going to the media will help though. By his rottie being 7.5 years he may have a hard time finding someone to foster.  I am trying to get more info about the dog and will post more info when I get it. Just thought that I would post and try to get some one from this site to foster. Everyone is so great on this site.

Deb
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?