Blank
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:13:37 am by BabsT »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: So my dog is on the POOP list with me
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 07:58:52 am »
I'm not laughing at, I'm laughing with you!

What I've tried, with some success, is punishing the BAD ITEM that got torn up. Just go ballistic on that bad carpet, yell, scream, slap it. The dog will look at you likeyour about to kill them, but then tell Zero how much you love him, pet him, rub him; Then go off on the carpet again.

This way, you are not punishing the dog, he doesn't connect his behavior anyway, but he does associate "Bad Things" with the carpet!

I've tried this a few time, and I believe it works. Tyr for yourself.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 08:37:29 am »
Wow! What a great technique, PupDaddy!

I remember when I found Oasis - after he got comfortable in our house and realized we weren't going to beat him to a pulp like his last owners, he tore up everything! The worst was when i came home to find the whole back of the couch in shreds!

Luckily, I was a poor college graduate at the time so our couch only cost us $40.00 from a thrift store. We just rearranged the furniture and turned the back of the couch to the wall until we could afford a new one.

And, those incidents are all but forgotten when I talk about him now and tell everyone what a good dog is has always been!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:00:08 am »
When Rocco was a puppy her ripped the berber up.  It got caught on his tooth and he pulled, he musted of enjoyed that because he kept going.  Now, I will never have berber.

If you ever have a chance to rip it up yourself you will notice it does make a cool unzipping sound as it comes apart. ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 10:38:33 am »
enough with the soft under your feet....get the hardwood...lol  Too bad about the carpet..sofar Willow has not been to bad but we have just started so I am sure I will have stories like this also. 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 10:48:17 am »
How could you stay mad at that face?   ;D  Your hubby was REALLY nice about it too!

PupDaddy, I am laughing at the thought of you beating up the carpet!   ;)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 07:38:03 pm »
How could you stay mad at that face?   ;D  Your hubby was REALLY nice about it too!

PupDaddy, I am laughing at the thought of you beating up the carpet!   ;)
I've punished the rug, the trash can, a hole in the back yard, a hole in my garden where the basil use to be, a hole in my garden where the carrots use to be,  and a hole in my garden where the strawberrys use to be. The think about digging in the yard, there's always a place new to dig.