Author Topic: Housebreaking regression - when good dogs go bad  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Housebreaking regression - when good dogs go bad
« on: March 26, 2009, 09:22:08 am »
For the last week, both Kentucky and Derby have been going to the bathroom in the apartment. This comes after months of no accidents at all.

It started when I found puddles in the living room two days in a row when I got up in the morning.

Then, one morning I took them out to go potty, went and took a shower and came out to find poop and pee in the living room. I wasn't sure who was doing it, but suspected 'Tucky because Derby has only done this two or three times since I've had him.

The other day Derby walked over to where I was sitting and, almost without breaking stride, peed right in front of me.

I borrowed a friend's steam cleaner and cleaned most of the carpets yesterday, thinking they were picking up on the residual smells and thinking it was OK to go in the house now. We've also been kenneling them at night again since they can't seem to wait until I get up.

'Tucky just pooed in the house again.

What can cause this behavioral regression? It's so frustrating. I don't think anything is medically wrong with them. Our schedule hasn't changed at all. Could it be the change of seasons? I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else experienced this?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain