Author Topic: Bella Update  (Read 4110 times)

bigdogs@5501

Bella Update
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »
The biopsy results are back. Cancer.

However, its low to moderate, has not spread, and surgery has been suggested.

I knew that we were in trouble when it grew so fast and the fact that it is on the front of her skull. I am happy that we have a chance to fight this beast.

Bella doesnt know that she is sick- I have been working on raising all of the fencing on the property by about another 3 feet because she goes over the current fence. She has been out chasing coyotes for the past several days. In one way it worries me so much that she is out in the back pasture "guarding" and barking. However if she is out doing what she loves, then as long as she is able to physically do it, I am happy. She has some rough days ahead of her.

I am hoping to have my referral to Texas A & M tomorrow. I am expecting to make the trip with her and stay down there until she is ready to come home.

Thanks to the BPO family for your support and prayers.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Bella Update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:52:51 pm »
I'm so sorry, this is the first I've heard of anything being wrong with Bella as I've been away for a few days.  But am happy to hear that it's treatable with a good chance for success.  So here's hoping for a quick, and easy treatment, and full recovery, so she is back to her normal self very soon.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:53:43 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:05:37 pm »
I'm so sorry that you got this news.  It does sound like ya'll have a plan, and a good one too.  Good luck, have a safe trip.  My thoughts and prayers go with you.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:09:00 am »
Awwww, man. Got our fingers and paws crossed for a great outcome!!!

All of us here have everything crossed too!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:50:20 am »
Paige, so sorry to hear about Bella.  :-[ But she is a young girl and of course she's got that strong, stubborn Pyr blood in her, so I am sending good thoughts hoping she will successfully fight this! Thinking of you as well and hoping you get some rest so you can be strong for her too.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."