Dobermans > Doberman Discussions

Doberman, small help

<< < (2/4) > >>

People Whisperer:
I suggest that you put her on a better quality food that Science Diet. Puppies need more nutrients and protein and less grains than this food. There are many foods that cost the same but will provide your puppy with a better nutrition made by Merrick, Natures Variety, Orijen, Innova, etc.

Warlock7:
I'll look at PetSmart this weekend. All 3 of my dogs love it so may try some small bags of better kinds to test at first.
I'll upload a pic or 3 tomorrow.

Besides the point, does anyone know about the Caucasian breed? Are they an AKC or other standard? They look like a small bear. I wonder if they shed as bad as a Lab?

Warlock7:
Well, here's a few pics of 7 week old Taylur in her now natural habitat. Yes, I found a lot better puppy food by the name of Diamond. She weighs 6.4 lbs this morning.

Morweena:
I think reporting the "breeder" to what ever breed associations you might have in your area  is not a bad idea, they can investigate  or your local SPCA - they will be interested in pups being weened and taken away too young
And a tip of foods I got from some one that worked at PetSmart - "don't buy any food you've seen a commercial for, its just flavor" at that point he pointed me to a brand they didn't even carry and suggested a few smaller more specialty pet food stores. I pay a fair bit for the food Ruby eats but she eats less of it as she would a cheaper brand so it all works out

but all said - cute pup!

Warlock7:
Thanks, she seems to be doing better but won't know until Thursday when we take her back in to check for worms. I heard about and researched and am trying as of this morning a small daily treatment of feed grade diatomaceous earth. It was expensive online but found it at the feed store in Waxahachie a lot cheaper. And no it's not for swimming pools. It's suppose to negate all parasites. We'll see.

The breeder took her ad out of the paper and online. She says all the rest of the litter has the same worms. They were all 7 weeks old yesterday. I hope they all get the best treatment. Taylur is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version