Author Topic: Remy puppy pics  (Read 17223 times)

Jodi and the pack

Remy puppy pics
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:03:06 am »
Here are a few more pics of little Remy.  From her first pic I got some comments that she might not be full leo...which only makes me love my muttso that much more.  I was just hoping that maybe you would have some guesses as to what she might be mixed with.  Then I could at least keep an eye out for breed characteristic s, temperments or, most importantly, health issues.  It also could be a fun guessing game!

By the way...we love our new home here at BPO!  Thanks for the welcome.

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Remy puppy pics
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:01:16 am »
Hi!

Being that she's from a mill who knows what she is mixed with.  Her size is small for a leo of her age but that is to be expected.  I'm so glad she was rescued!

The AVERAGE weight for an 8 week old pup is 20lbs and they gain an average of 3 lbs per week.  You can see a few good examples of 12 week old leos on google images to compare with.  I notice the muzzle and ear size are not quite leo-ish.  And her coat is just a wee different.

I have no doubts that there is Leonberger in there and you say her mom was a Leo.  I always ask that people check to see if they have webbed toes.  I don't think you'll ever know what breed the sire is.  No biggie.  She's cute, happy, and healthy.

Have fun!

Offline dog lover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • mistysands leonbergers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 08:43:34 am »
Here are a couple of pics taken when troy was 10 weeks ......... and some now taken aged 10 months  :)

I dont know much about breeds other than my own lol , but i think your little girl looks a little like she has some akita in her, i know the tail is wrong just her face & eyes just make me think akita maybe with a leo .... but like i say really i have no idea lol

She is a little stunnner whatever she is  :)

If you check my profile & go to my web site i have lots of pictures of our leo's  :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:56:16 am by dog lover »
Amber our liver spot dalmatian passed away after 14.5 years r.i.p.
Ben our 9 year old rescue golden retriever
Callie our 18 month old Leonberger.
Troy our 8 week old leonberger.

Offline dog lover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • mistysands leonbergers
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:50:21 am »
akita pup pic
Amber our liver spot dalmatian passed away after 14.5 years r.i.p.
Ben our 9 year old rescue golden retriever
Callie our 18 month old Leonberger.
Troy our 8 week old leonberger.