Author Topic: Pen eater  (Read 4575 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Pen eater
« on: August 22, 2005, 07:15:27 am »
Maia is a pen freak.  She loves to chew them.  She has yet to bust one open on my new carpet but I know the day is coming.  Maia will eat anything that is left on the floor but won't bother things on tables, counters, or other furniture.  Well, that concept was shot lately as she will find a pen (or crochet hook) and  chew away.  I know it will be my fault when it busts.  Does anyone else dog have a likely to one thing?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

Re: Pen eater
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 07:24:21 am »
HA! That reminds me of a story from my nephew dog's puppy-hood.....Vinnie, a large yellow lab, LOVED pens when he was a pup. Once, he ate an entire package of Bic pens. Then, he got diarrhea, and pooped out red pen ink all over the carpet! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAH! Not only was he having house-training issues, but there was INK in there! My sister-in-law had to just remove the carpet. She was never able to get all of that red ink out! hahahaha!

As far as Cabeza goes, he doesn't chew or steal anything....ex cept for bread! He used to steal entire loaves of bread! He LOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOVES it! I think that if there were a pound of bacon and a loaf of bread on the floor, he'd take the bread over the bacon! hahahaha! But, he's gotten alot better about stealing it. He hasn't stolen any for a long time.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 10:20:54 pm »
Maybe you should teach him how to draw so at least he could be "artistic" while he is destroying the pen.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 02:49:55 pm »
Maia is a pen freak.  She loves to chew them.  She has yet to bust one open on my new carpet but I know the day is coming.  Maia will eat anything that is left on the floor but won't bother things on tables, counters, or other furniture.  Well, that concept was shot lately as she will find a pen (or crochet hook) and  chew away.  I know it will be my fault when it busts.  Does anyone else dog have a likely to one thing?
Lady is a good girl.

GRACE on the other paw is partial to the remote...the TP...the toe nail clippers, if left on the coffee table...momma's hair scrunchies...m omma's comb...the bar soap...the bath towels...the kitchen towells...dadd y's socks...etc etc etc.