Author Topic: Rottie photo  (Read 2812 times)

Offline nettrek4

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Bonnie Collies
Rottie photo
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:36:11 pm »
I ran across this one, and I thought you guys would love it!  MP
Marcia P. and the Bonnie Collies

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Rottie photo
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 08:27:02 am »
Thank you!  That is an adorable photo and it is amazing how all the pups are posing.  I bet it took a lot of patience for that one.  I think it is available as a poster, too.   :D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 09:50:04 am »
SO cute!
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 02:42:11 pm »
Way too cute.  Someone emailed me this once but I lost it.  Wouldn't it be fun to have THAT many!?  I would be in heavan.

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 03:55:24 pm »

That photo has been around for quite some time and I have always thought it was adorable.

But let me tell you what it is like having that  many puppies.

1) wake at 5am to screaming puppies yelling that they are hungry. Stumble into the whelping room to the REEKING odor of puppy poop, and a mass of puppies all running around and through it because they are hungry.

Clean up in your PJs and slippers, because if you don't it's just going to get a lot worse.

Fix puppy breakfast after you have thoroughly cleaned the box.

Watch them walk all though it and smear it on each other.

Wait 5 minutes after the feeding and start cleaning poop again. Hurry so they don't eat it, (YES THEY DO, ALMOST ALL PUPPIES DO), and/or walk in it and smear it all over everyone and the box.

Ok, done.

Outside with puppies onto the concrete run for a little fresh air time.

Clean the box thoroughly again.

Go outside, wash the run down.

noon, lunch time. If weather is nice, puppies can eat outside. If weather is too hot, cold, wet, etc, puppies come back in after a little while and go back in the box.

Feed lunch. Clean up. At least twice.

4pm feed snack. Clean up. At least twice.

8pm feed dinner. Clean up. At least twice.

You have NO IDEA  how much poop that many puppies can make. I had 9 in one litter and I have NEVER worked so hard in my life.

Do not think adorable puppies.

Think MOUNTAINS of stinky newspapers, puppies, whelping box, your legs, you name it.

LOL

You get REALLY used to puppy poop.

;)
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 04:13:11 pm »
we had 11....and when i look at this photo, i think adorable puppies lol.  the newspaper, the poo, the crying, the going in every direction all the time to catch them....its all worth it for the experience of raising pups for 2 months!  i wouldn't trade our experience for anytyhing..... when i see that pic...i see 11 little babies and pure love! ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 06:56:18 pm by nickerbokker »

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 06:24:56 pm »
As Redyre says, though, having that many pups is definitely not for everyone...or even most people for that matter.  Sure, they look so cuddly, but it is a ton of work.  I know I wouldn't want to do it, unless I could do it full-time as a hobby or something.  So, unless I am suddenly given Howard Hugh's income (already have his eccentricities) then I won't be putting any poor puppies through Moonlit h*ll.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 06:26:59 pm by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 07:18:17 am »
just when I thought it would be fun to raise Rotts.  :)  it was only a dream...