Author Topic: My sick little rescue  (Read 3274 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
My sick little rescue
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:50:16 am »
I had to rush my little rescue Skoshe to the vet yesterday for 2 days she had  liquid diarrhea and was throwing up. I brought her stool sample in since she should have 1 more worming. Well according to the vet after dong testes on her stool she had been poisoned from her food there were mites in the food and this is becoming a more common but if you don't know what your looking for it can be passed over. My friend also bout the same food for his dog and she also was ill but because she was larger she didn't get as ill. Skoshe was given an injection for the vomiting and 3 meds. I am glad i didn't wait to take her. She is doing pretty good today the brave little girl she is a JRT/Doxie mix
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: My sick little rescue
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:09:45 am »
Oh my goodness.  I sure am glad you got her to the vet in time and that she's doing well now.  Has anyone tried contacting the food manufacturer?  Here's hoping she and your friends dog are feeling better soon.  She sure is a sweet looking little thing.  :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: My sick little rescue
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 06:25:41 am »
Oh wow! I'm glad she's okay. If you don't mind me asking what kind of dog food was it? And mites are tiny aren't they? How are you suppose to tell?

From the vet they check the stool and if you don't know what your looking for chances are it will be over looked!The food it was in is Solid Gold the mites are in the grains. Even thought the food had not expired the store did refund and was very apologetic this is becoming something more common in the vets office! She is doing very well and i am so glad she is such a drama queen!
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats