Author Topic: New Dog??? Boxer or Corso???  (Read 4444 times)

Offline beastmaster

• Gnawer
  • Lulah(8 weeks) and Vito
    • View Profile
New Dog??? Boxer or Corso???
« on: April 22, 2009, 05:25:57 am »
Hey Everyone, I am trying to figure out what my next dog will be.  Recently my Bull Terrier had to be put down..R.I.P Vito.  We think he had some mental/brain issues, because he turned aggressive all of the sudden, ppl, and animal.   So I am trying to decide on either Boxer, or Cane Corso.  Not just any Dog either, from a reputable breeder, with dogs that have a great track record, and great temperments.  We are a very social family, have a social dog neighborhood, and will be having kids within a few yrs.  Whats everyones experience with these two breeds, I have my own thoughts but want to here others.  I jus want a great dog, Good Gaurd when needed, good with children, and out going.  So what do yall think???
The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.  ~Mark Twain

Offline beastmaster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: New Dog??? Boxer or Corso???
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:06:57 am »
Thanks for all the responses...My Fiance loves Corsos, and Boxers...  Boxers are a lil to "Crazy" for my taste...But how much more can a Boxer be than a Bull Terrier....Tho se dogs are bananas...I know.   Hmmm Fiance said she might want another Bull Terrier, the breeder actually said we could have a 5 yr old one, if we wanted him(this is why you only deal with reputable breeders)  We will see tho.... I really would love a Corso, Our Bandog Mastiff is such a punk lol, and lazy, wouldnt mind another lazy bones

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:22:26 am »
Hi there. i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your bull terrier... How hard that must be. They are a great breed- i know- i have 3 :o
I don't know much about corsos, but i know boxers are a bit more energetic than bullies... personally, i love boxers, but will never own one because of their energy level. we used to doggy-sit one all the time, and let me tell you my 3 bts are way calmer than the one boxer!! ha ha ha.  send me a PM. i'd love to talk bullies...
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline beastmaster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: New Dog??? Boxer or Corso???....OR BT
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:38 am »
HMM I think Ive Decided....No Boxer....Now.. .another BULL TERRIER, Or a CORSO?   HMMMM.....

Offline beastmaster

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:15 am »
Well thats Not Going to happen