Author Topic: Monty & Roscoe update (kinda long, sorry)  (Read 3808 times)

AudgePadge

Monty & Roscoe update (kinda long, sorry)
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:44:55 am »
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted an update about Monters and my boys.  Things have been so crazy over here, and I start crying every time.  Emotions have been going up and down, I feel as if I’m being jerked in several different directions.

Well, all things considered, Monty’s doing fantastic.  Acupuncture for his pain relief and water therapy for his muscle building have really made a difference.  He’s still taking the meds the vet prescribed, but it seems like he’s much more comfortable w/acupuncture.  Monty trots around like everything is fine, chasing squirrels and whatnot, I’m very pleased that his condition has not gotten worse.
He’s the old Monty again. <3  I’m so proud of him, and he’s been such a trooper, he’s never been one to give up on me, I can’t give up on him.  He’s so wonderfully patient with me and my roller coaster emotions-  He even humors me by wearing raincoats and all my crazy getup.

As for Roscoe  :-\  He was attacked by the neighbor’s dog a couple weeks ago.  The dog latched on his leg, and tore the muscle from the skin.  So he had surgery last week to flush the fluids, and reattach the muscle.  He just got his drain tubes removed on Monday, and now the vet is telling us he needs to see a neurologist for possible nerve injuries.  (He has a problem flexing his paw/ankle area, and the bite was in the armpit area)  I know he’s in so much pain, Roscoe has never been very tolerant of any pain.  He cried for an hour when he hit his head on the coffee table once.
 I haven’t been able to see Roscoe in several weeks, :'( so I’m not sure how he’s doing.  Supposedly, he’s eating fine, but he won’t put any pressure on his leg.  I personally think it’s something orthopedic, not that that is any better. 

So…off we go tomorrow to see a veterinary neurologist… I miss him so much, and I’m so sad that I’m seeing him for the first time in over a month, under these conditions.  My little baby boy, so much trauma for a young dog, he’s only a year and a half.  :(

Ramses, nothing to report, still very “special needs”.  Roscoe and Ramses no longer get along, so they’re in separate kennels now and they sleep in separate rooms.  They started fighting after Monty and I left, so I’m not sure what triggered their hatred for each other.  :'( :'(

I just miss all three of my boys being together, and being happy.

I miss sharing my bed with 250lbs of dog, and rolling over in a puddle of drool at 2am.  I hurt so bad that my little “family” has torn in half.  The idea that I’m losing Monty, and possibly Roscoe all at once…it’s really unbearable.   Sorry, it’s a long post, I just needed to let it out…

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Monty & Roscoe update (kinda long, sorry)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:00:26 pm »
Oh Audrey.  I don't even know what to say right now.  All this super Sh***y stuff keeps happening, and I think, rather I KNOW that you've had more then your share for an entire lifetime all wrapped up in a few months.  Please know that we're all here for you should you need a shoulder to cry on, and if you need to yell and scream at someone you can PM me and I'll give you my phone #.  I wish there was something I could say or do that would make it all better, but I'm sorry is all I've got.  Keep thinking about the good stuff, it'll help you get through the bad.

(((((((Giant Hugs))))))))
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »
Oh honey  :'( It sounds like a s^&%ty situation  :'(
I wish your pups the best and sending you tons of love  :-*
Hang in there  :( :-*
(((HUGS)))
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 05:47:37 am »
Awww thats why we are here. We all understand and wish we could do more or at least cast a lucky streak on you & your pups! We will keep you & your furry family in our thoughts & prayers!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties