Author Topic: Update on Lincoln  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Vapidfire

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Update on Lincoln
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:14:54 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Well it's been a tough week. We bounced back and forth on the decision to keep Lincoln or place him since he was driving me insane. For the last two days I was at the "I'm done with this" stage and wanted him gone.

I've put more thought into it though and decided I was not ready to give up on him yet. For one thing he has had four clean nights/days in his crate without accident! for another I realise in my saner moments that despite this issue I do actually love the stupid lug.

So I've talked to a friend who is a dog trainer and behaviorist and she's talking to some friends of hers and we're going to see what she says. For now I have him attached to the stairs on a lunge line. He has enough leash to get to the computer room, the hallway, and parts of the living room and dinning room. He is unable to reach the couch.

It's not a solution to the problem but it's a quick fix until a real solution is worked out. I've also made an appointment to have him neutered on the 18th of this month.
Cat
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro Female
Kaylee: Fila Brasileiro Female
Lincoln: Newfoundland Male
Keegan: Fila Brasileiro Male
Cathen: Fila Brasileiro Male
Bug & Ger: Devon Rex Cats
Remus: Roommates Mutt
Rescues of all sorts

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: Update on Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:16:22 pm »
Sounds like you've got some great resources - fingers crossed that they can help you find an answer!

Come on Lincoln - mom is meeting you more than half way - you can do this!!!  Just say NO to the couch!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:08:36 am »
Keeping fingers & paws crossed your plan goes well. It truly is amazing what we can come up with to help our pups! Sounds like with the number of folks involved surely Lincoln will get with the program.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:49:53 am »
Try putting one of these on the couch: http://www.safepetproducts.com/training-products/scat-mat-1 
I don't have one personally, but would LOVE to get one to keep Miss Sassy Face (Naja) off the counters when I'm not looking!  ;)  They've been discussed on here before, I think a few members have used them and have had positive results.  ;)  Might be worth a try.  Good Luck!  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Vapidfire

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:27:29 am »
Well we are back to him using his crate as a privy. Really feel like tearing my hair out here. However now it's become a challenge and I'm not about to let a 5mo old puppy win.
I think he may be having issues with the number of dogs in the house. He's going to have to get over it though. I foster for a rescue so we always have dogs coming in and out.
Cat
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro Female
Kaylee: Fila Brasileiro Female
Lincoln: Newfoundland Male
Keegan: Fila Brasileiro Male
Cathen: Fila Brasileiro Male
Bug & Ger: Devon Rex Cats
Remus: Roommates Mutt
Rescues of all sorts