Author Topic: Pictures of Buster  (Read 6202 times)

Offline Buster's family

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Pictures of Buster
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:55:25 pm »
Hi, there! I just thought I would share some pictures of Buster and his family...He is oh so loved! We got him because we live on a lot of land with a lot of wild land around us...we started seeing cougar and coyotes(in person!) and many signs of them, often. I have a friend who has Skylines Farm (in Harvard, ID) who raises Pyrs. We got him from her, and since then have not seen ANY signs of cougar, and he keeps the coyotes off of our land, too. We have a six yr old(who was 4 when we got him) and, so he was really for her. To protect her and keep her company out-doors. She was afraid to go out until we got him. We are so happy with this big guy. He is a good guard dog and a great companion...We have really had to learn the "pack mentallity" with this guy. He challenged all of us a lot when he was a pup. But, now we have a very peaceful relationship with him. You will see in the pictures just how much our daughter, India, loves him and how much he loves her. Enjoy!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/hollyspics/OurBigBoyBuster#

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of Buster
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:32:14 pm »
Those are great pictures!!!  Your daughter has her own portable pillow!  One of our dogs was my pillow when I was a kid too!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:54:09 am »
Oh WOW!  You have such a beautiful family!!  Those pictures are just overflowing with love.  It's obvious that Buster couldn't be happier!  :D :D :D

tralfazmom

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 02:29:29 am »
Amazing pictures, what a beautiful boy! How is he feeling today? Is he staying still for you? I can't imagine how frustrated he must be with the down time. Our Gus couldn't sit still for the rehabilitation time,,I think it would drive him crazy. We too live on a large acreage, and Gus is now coming into full guardian mode as he is growing up. We hear coyotes close by, but this is the first year we haven't seen them run across the road at night. Gus is only 7 months old, but already just his presence has made a difference in the wildlife around here. What fantastic companions these guys are. I hope Buster is taking his recovery time well :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 03:09:38 am »
Oh my goodness!  I can't get over how beautiful those shots are!  Buster is first of all HUGE!!! and Secondly so very obviously in love with your daughter!  They are totally life long buds!  I just love seeing the love that develops between and kid and her dog!  :-* :-* :-* 
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Buster's family

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:25:39 am »
Hey! Thanks for the compliments! It's fun to share pics with people who love thier dogs as much as we love ours!! Buster is doing well...he is not liking to be so confined. But, is getting lots of love and treats when he takes his meds...he hardly eats, so I'm feeling good about his weight. He has pushed through his "chair fence" several times. I wish we had a big, old play pen we could take the bottom out of! But, we'll just have to give him more sedatives, I guess...
Well, enjoy your dogs!!! ~Holly

Kirsti

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:02:58 am »
Oh Buster looks so happy! What a handsome dog! yes, we LOVE pictures here  ;D ;D ;D

~Kirsti

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 08:06:29 am »
Very nice pictures!!! I can't belive how HUGE he is  :o
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Laureada

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:58:20 pm »
what great pictures. Buster is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I wish we could get a little snow in the winter.

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:49:05 pm »
Great pics!  Absolutely love the one where they're touching noses and the one where they are walking away together!! Thanks for sharing...
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005