Author Topic: Zima has moles everywhere and has been making like a choking noise...  (Read 10817 times)

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a sign of anything... I dont have the money to take her to the vet... Ive been gone for awhile because my house was broken into and we lost everything  >:( ... I have noooo money so there is no way I could take her to the vet right now ...Im really hopeing that there is nothing wrong with her..... they stole my puppy za'kara too.... everyone pray for her safe return ... please!  Im kinda lost ritght now... dont know  what to feel really. I know Zima has a really weird sound like she is clearing her throat or coughing.  Any sugg?
Nicole

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Zima has moles everywhere and has been making like a choking noise...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 05:54:12 pm »
just wondering if anyone knows if this is something I should be worried about? I wont have access long to a computer! Thanks
Nicole

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 05:57:41 pm »
not that i know anything about doggies, and not to put fear in you when im totally wrong....but my doggie tyler started breathing like he had a cold....it kinda sounded like he was snoring all day even when awake and standing....an d when we took him to the vets it was cancer.  lymphoma. 

i dont know what your poor baby has, and im sure its nothing, especially cancer, but i wanted to throw it out there.

i am SOOOO sorry about the break-in, and about losing the puppy!  i cannot imagine

my thoughts are with you today! 

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 06:06:09 pm »
I know knicker thats what Im scared of... she has all the sudden started getting all these moles everywhere! She has also started snoring when she is sleeping ... my friend told me that it was a sign of something but she couldnt remember.. So I came to the place that knows all!! lol Thank you I hope that is not it...was there anything  they coould do for your tyler? Thank you also... Im worried about my pittbull puppy Za'kara ... they have know idea who did this...I am hopeing she just ran out the door and they did steal her but she always will come home so I dont know ... I think they did.
Nicole

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 06:15:26 pm »
sadly, ty lost that fight.....chem o, which me started, would only have given him a year tops....and since there was really no tyler left in him, we thought it best to free him of his pain. 

im sure the baby is fine...and i pray for a safe return!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 06:15:54 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about your break in and puppy!  That's awful!  >:(

Our first newf made a strange coughing noise when she had kennel cough.  It was just a dry scratchy sound--we didn't know it was kennel cough until we took the cat to the vet!  They had us give her robitussin (dm I think, not cf) and I think antibiotics.  She always snored though, not just when she was sick.

I hope that everything gets better.  I'm so sorry  :-[

You and your puppies are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jessica

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 06:16:21 pm »
I so hope your puppy makes it home.  Have you check to see if there are any on-line vet services that may help with some of your questions?
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 06:18:44 pm »
Oh, I forgot.  I think you are in Phoenix, right?  Some "big cities" have low-cost or no-cost mobile vet clinics.  Not as good as a trip to your usual vet, but you might check around to see if there is such a thing in your area.

Best wishes,
Jessica

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 06:21:23 pm »
thanks everyone!!! Does anyone know of any online vet sites?
Nicole

BabsT

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 06:38:59 pm »
Cant you call the vet?  I dont think they will charge.  They will ask more specific questions along with you being able to give more detail..maybe if you explain what happen they might give you a office visit free of charge OR maybe you can pay later...

I am very sorry for what happened BUT your dog does sound like it needs to see a professional

Maybe the dog is having an allergic reaction to something or maybe the people the broke in, did something to her

awo

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 06:50:28 pm »
Hello,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your breakin.  I have a couple words of advice.  First, your dog might be coughing because he is under stress.  My dog did this when I left for a week out of town.  If things are different at home and you are stressed out, your baby is going to reflect those feelings as well.  Second, if you have a humane society or shelter in your area and tell them your cirmcumstances, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out.  I wish you and all of your babies the best of luck. 

awo

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 06:56:37 pm »
Definitely report the missing pup to EVERYONE. Vets, animal control, pet stores, local radio stations, etc. Put up signs EVERYWHERE. Put ads in the paper. Even if someone DID steal it, alot of times if one of their friends or family realizes its stolen and sees an ad, they'll call you and bust them out. I know from experience. A friend had her dog stolen, put an ad in the paper saying something like, "Crying 2 year old misses her pup" and the a-hole that stole the dogs MOM saw the ad and busted him out. So, try it.

Also, I agree about kennel cough. Check it out. Other than that....no advice, sorry! I'm prayin' for ya, though, honey! Good luck, and keep us posted.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 06:57:24 pm »
Gosh - you have been through the wringer...  I hope you get your pup back...  Possibly kennel cough.  I think I would go with calling the vet and see if there is anything you can do and maybe get a break on an office visit.  Is there a vet school nearby sometimes they have low cost clinics that the students work in - or the humane society was a good idea also.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 10:41:54 pm »
Another thought, lots of feed stores carry antibiotics like Terymiacin (sp) for a very reasonable price and they could help you get the right medicine for your dog if you cannot afford a vet, their advice price is on the money (free) and a lot of them are very knowledgable.  A big prayer for your puppy.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 11:18:11 pm »
I am so so sorry to hear about the break in and the puppy and on top of everything Zima. The cough or "cold" first made me think about kennel cough, or simply a cold but even if it is a possiblity that, that is what it is. When you mentioned the moles it does make the noices she makes look a bit different. I hate saying this, especially when you have such a hard time financially but Zima would probably need to see a vet. just to make sure.

Great advice here, call your vet and explain to him or her, I dont know about your vet. but I know that if I called and told what had happened my vet would tell me to come in and we would figure out how or what to pay later. Also someone said vet. school. We have a teaching vet hospital in charlotte and I have heard cases they take free of charge just because it is a teaching oportunity. Also call humane soc. they might have a vet you can go see.

I googled it and here is the link to the answers, I am sure you can find an online service that might be able to help at least for now

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=online+vet+service

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog