Author Topic: Zeva is turning into a termite!  (Read 3970 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Zeva is turning into a termite!
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:58:40 pm »
Zeva has decided she likes my back deck, so much that she is eating it. 
I thought I had a great idea. I mixed cayenne pepper with vegetable oil, let it sit for few days so it would blend, Then I brushed it onto the parts of the deck she was chewing.
Now she has eaten twice as much as before!!!!  :o
I guess she likes hot and spicey wood.
She has all kinds of bones and other chew toys to keep her busy. When she goes out back she always has the other dogs with her, so she should not be bored or lonely. Also it is for short periods of time.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could put on the deck to make her stop eating it?  ???
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

lins_saving_grace

Re: Zeva is turning into a termite!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:02:09 pm »
I thought the cheyenne pepper would do the trick.  Sound like she needs to go visit somewhere south of the border and open a taco stand with hot and spicey sause.
have you tried noise deterents.   i know you'd have to loom over her to catch her from behind as she started knawing on the deck, but some dogs respond better the sound than taste.  When Grace does something wrong, I make a loud noise and she immediately stops.  I've used a whistle or a squeeker to distract her from doing naughty things.

Jodi and the pack

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:00:12 am »
I tried the deodorant trick because Remy has a bit of the termite-disease also, and it seems to have worked.  My table legs and stairway spindles have been spared...at least for the time being.  Thanks for the idea.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:33 pm »
deoderant sound like it might work. But is there anything in it that could hurt them?
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »
I would think that one taste of it (depending if they hate it right away) shouldn't do any damage, other then the yucky taste in the mouth.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!