Author Topic: Off to Grandma's and other vacationing adventures  (Read 2600 times)

Jodi and the pack

Off to Grandma's and other vacationing adventures
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:49:56 am »
Tomorrow my mother is coming to pick up my daughter Gracie and puppy Remy for a week.  So as I'm running around packing bags and washing clothes, I've realized that I packed more things for the dog, than I have for the kid.  And I'm also more worried about Remy's welfare over the next week than Gracie's.  Please tell me there are other people out there like this.   

While the little ones are gone, though, the rest of the family is heading to the lake for a few days.  The dogs haven't gone camping since Ada was a puppy, so it'll be fun to see the water dog in her ideal environment.  Here's to wet, fishy-smelling, sand-encrusted, happy, happy dogs!

lins_saving_grace

Re: Off to Grandma's and other vacationing adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »
i don't have kids, but I can  relate to this.   I pack Grace's things and spend an hour going over things with the kennel person when I drop her off.   I've done the obsessive call the kennel to check in on Grace.  I spend a while telling her to behave but have fun before I go and always go back for one more kiss.   we run  into each other's arms on the pick up day (like long lost lovers running at eachother on the beach at sunset in slow motion), except me and Grace usually collide and crack eachother in the noggins.   i'm a worry wort when it comes to the pup.