Author Topic: Just a big hello!! We've missed y'all!!! :)  (Read 2726 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Just a big hello!! We've missed y'all!!! :)
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:23 pm »
Hi everyone!  We've been a bit MIA lately, but I always check in for the updates!!! My heart still breaks for those BPs that we've lost lately, but life continues and it's so wonderful to see all the new members and pics of new puppies!!! 

It's taken two years, but I feel like we've finally really settled into our lives here in Indiana.  With spring, I caught MAJOR spring fever and have been painting, decorating, landscaping, and .....nesting.  GULP!  Hubby and I will have been married 7 years this August and, well, baby thoughts are really popping up lately!  Wish us luck, as we begin to start trying at the end of this summer!

In the meantime, Winston and Champ have already enjoyed days on the lake and a HORRIBLE camping trip.  I'll spare the details, but I'll just say I've come to terms that I'm not a camper...espec ially in tick-infested areas.  YUCK! 
(P.S.  New post to come soon about how that "making a tick dizzy by rubbing it around in circles" to get it off is a load of cr*ap....Did not work the bizzillion times we had to extract those little buggers!!). 

Champ, my sweet boy who melts the moment you even say his name, has developed this weird tendency to turn into Cujo and snap at other dogs for no reason while on walks or when he sees dogs playing with Winston.  *sigh* Winston recovered fully from his Listerine drinking binge; however, he has developed a full-blown hygiene addiction.  In the last few months, he's eaten countless toothbrushes, chewed toothpaste tubes, devoured bars of soap, and shredded a roll of toilet paper into a million pieces. 

They do make life interesting, don't they??? :)

OK!!  Back to getting caught up on all the new BPO news!! :) 

jesday

Re: Just a big hello!! We've missed y'all!!! :)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:01:10 pm »
I've been a bit MIA as well. Glad I checked in. Hope things go well for the baby making. My first grandson is due July 19th and I'm so in baby mood. I think you should get started right away. Why wait a couple of more months. ;)

Champ and Winston will make the perfect big brothers.

Frontline works wonders for keeping ticks off. We had a horrible time the first year. There was not one walk that we didn't have to do a thorough check after. Since we started using Frontline I only found one tick on Syrus and it was dead.

My dad got a tick on his neck once and it apparently got infected. He went to the base hospital and they kept sending him to neurology. The record said "neck tic" and they thought it meant he had a twitch in his neck. :D

Good to hear things are going well for you.