Author Topic: Annabelle has been with us now for one year  (Read 5524 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Annabelle has been with us now for one year
« on: June 05, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »
I posted this on an other forum, but thought I might post it here tooWell we made it............ .......A positive rescue story

I remember her sweet picture that was sent to us and "sold" us to her

Her first month with us she was a sweet heart and very timid shy girl. though she was not potty trained and out of control, jumped on furniture, tried to chase our chickens and ducks and bark at the horses. Annabelle had been mistreated and was terrified of large men and boys about 8-11 year ols, especially with hoodies
Her second month she turned into the dog from h*ll due to coming in season. She tried to kill Tessa and gave her a horrendous neck injury. She was spayed, but a visiting vet told us to get rid of her........... NEVER......... .So now we get to know our new dog trainer, Scott, even better. He never gave up on her and us, a very patient clever man.
I slept with Annabelle in a separate room from Mike and Tessa. Scott said do not abandon her and give them separate time. allow them to see each other and be in the same house. but not able to touch. That took some doing. We trained twice a day side by side and trained and trained and trained....... .....For a month before we were able to get on.
We also got attacked by a American pit bull whilst walking and survived that scary episode.......
Well.......... .I now have the most incredible newfy girl. everyone loves her at training and everywhere we take her. She adores Tessa and Tessa can take bones out of her mouth.
We are doing really well in training and they are the most social dogs. Loving to every dog and person they meet........TH ANKYOU Scott and of course NN for sticking by us

Annabelle Father is a brown newf and her mom is black......... ......She is not a pure black dog

And sisterly love.........T hey do everything together now

Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Jodi and the pack

Re: Annabelle has been with us now for one year
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 05:45:37 am »
You have an amazing story.  It sounds like it was a trying year, but it sounds like you got a storybook ending.  Annabelle is absolutely beautiful...an d I love the "sister" pictures!

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:30:45 am »
Congratulation s! What a wonderful story!

Offline KylieMay

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:43 pm »
She is a cutie-pie! They look so happy together!

You are inspiring me to work on training Mayhem's 'little' brother (looks just like her but bigger!) so we can adopt him! Like Annabelle, he needs a lot of time and effort, but he'd be so worth it.
Kylie
Owned by Mayhem, 1.5 yr-old Newfie

Chumley, Newfie, 1996-2008

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:36 am »
Training and Loving your Dog is Everthing to Some just get rid of it is easyer, OMG WHAT WE DO WITH OUT OUR LARGE BREED DOGS WE HAVE TWO SAINTS,MAGGIE AND BEETHOVEN KNOW THAT MUST BE A SAINT!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!