Author Topic: Getting a Puppy!  (Read 26368 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Getting a Puppy!
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:13:48 pm »
I found the perfect breeder for me.  She has been awesome and does have puppies on the ground.  So I went up to meet the pups yesterday and discussed contracts, feeding, health clearances, pedigrees and the whole nine yards.  I met the mother who is petite but a sweetheart. One of the breeder's tests is how the mom reacts to potential buyers and she ran right up to me. I also got to meet the 7 puppies (1 girl, 6 boys).  I'll be getting one of the boys.  They are 3 weeks old and about 3 lbs. She had me help her trim nails so I could get lots of hands on time with the puppies. We stayed for about 6.5 hours playing with the puppies for awhile then her adults.

The adults were the second test her 1 yr old came and sat in my lap immediately.  The big male went straight to Tim.  Then the rest of the gang mobbed us.  Her 3 yr old wild child was running laps around the cars and wiped out into her sister.  They were all awesome dogs the male sat in all of our laps and the others came and sat on him so we had quite the dogpile going LOL. We had a blast between puppy breath and snuggle time with the bigs paws.

Here's a link to my pics of the day on facebook.  Sorry they're a bit dark and blurry but the puppies just opened their eyes last week so we didn't use the flash.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2304477&id=9021896&l=adf446ab39
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a Puppy!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:30:12 pm »
I'm soooo jealous!!  OMG they are adorable!!

My husband and I were at the Lilac Festival (very big in our area) and ran into a family with a petite female beauty.  We were asking them all kinds of questions...A Bernese Mt. dog may be in my future!! 

Please, please please keep the pictures coming...

Randy

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:17 pm »
I'll probably go up and see them again before I bring mine home and I'll take more pics.  I totally spaced on getting a pic of the mom so I'll have to get one next time. Here's some video of them too.  Warning there are puppy cries which may drive your dogs nuts LOL!

Falling asleep from all the overstimulatio n:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/wyldchyld87/Puppies/?action=view&current=MVI_2468.flv

All awake cause mom came back in:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/wyldchyld87/Puppies/?action=view&current=MVI_2473.flv

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/wyldchyld87/Puppies/?action=view&current=MVI_2472.flv
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:28:18 pm »
are they not the cutest little puppies?!!!!  Boy they squeek a lot. 

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:09:08 pm »
Awww BMD pups!

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 11:51:36 pm »
That is a whole lotta sweetness!  ::) :o That is why I don't go look at puppies because I have no self restraint  ;D :D
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline cesaria

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:50 am »
Congratulation s!
You must be so happy. Its so exciting to know that your puppy will finally be coming home.  We knew we wanted a boy Berner without a doubt soon after our wonderful girl Berner became an adult. It took over a year to find the right breeder. We didn't want to go back the the first one, (long story) I know how hard the search can be and the temptation to just get a puppy quickly is huge. But after all the hard work we put into the search, finding the perfect breeder was awesome! I feel like we have a relationship that will last a lifetime. I wish you all the best with your adorable new addition!
-Ashley, (cesaria)