Author Topic: BPO Members...an important announcement  (Read 66902 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: BPO Members...an important announcement
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 07:03:27 am »
Wow.

I am stunned.
I am disappointed.
I am hurt.
I am appalled.
I am disgusted.

I cannot deny my feelings and as my mom always told me during my teenage disagreements with her “these are my feelings and I am entitled to them.” With that said, please allow me to share.

I have been a BPO member since June 2005. I stumbled onto this sight by chance and am so grateful. Never having been a member of any sort of forum, I didn’t know what to expect. Quickly the other members embraced me and my dogs and all our issues. We’ve shared the best of times and the toughest of times. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without you all. BPO’ers have become more than fellow members, they’ve become part of my extended family.

Again, while I am thankful for Jaime and Michael for starting this site, I cannot believe the callus disregard for all the members, with the sale of our home to non-members, non-dog owners on the other side of the world. What a blatant slap in the face to the moderators, for whom this site would not have existed as the truly special place is… oh I’m sorry, I mean WAS.

I understand we as members did not own the site, however we have ALWAYS rallied to support each other and you, Michael and Jaime… esp. during difficult financial times and every time you needed our input otherwise. Never once have we let you two down! I wish I could say the same for you. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t give us the chance first to pool our vast resources, instead of selling to some random people with a dubious reputation. I’ve done the research and what I have seen is not good. I would like to think you didn’t know the history, but it wouldn’t surprise me now if you both just didn’t care.

To the new owners: best of luck to you, you are going to need it!

To the old owners: best of luck to you too... and good day!

To Bear: much love.

To my fellow BPO’ers, old and new: you all are THE best. I appreciate each of you.

angelsmama

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 07:29:42 am »
Weren't at one time recently BPO members donating money to keep this site running? So members pay to keep a site running and then its owner sells it for profit?

This exactly what I was thinking about and remembered what Barbara said in the past (RIP).
The whole situation is just a nuisance to me...sorry  :-\
Good luck Jaime and Michael

I didn't see that until just now. I agree, I then totally blew off what she said until now.. She knew what was going on, if only there was a little more attention paid there. I don't see myself being nearly as active as I used to be. And not at all when we start getting charged to use this, and I have a feeling that will soon come.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 07:36:11 am »
I think most thoughts have already been posted.  I am grateful that BPO is not being shut down.  Time will tell if things actually "won't change", I hope they won't but.....

I don't come on nearly as much as I used to now that I'm in nursing school and working part time but I always check in to see what's going on.  Funny I checked in today!!  I've been a member on other boards  but only stayed here.  I hope to continue checking in!

Good luck to you Jaime and Michael, and all the best to Bear.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 08:12:35 am »
To be clear though, BPO has not taken donations from members for a number of years (advertising seemed to cover the costs) and while I am extrememly dissapointed to say the least and understand the anger at the sudden change of events, there is no place for rumors. Hey, I'm still a mod. (so far) - you had to know that was coming ;)  :-* :-* :-*

Sorry was not trying to start a "rumor", while originally donations were sought in 2006 I did not think it had been years since the donation link was on the site.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 08:29:46 am »
Sorry was not trying to start a "rumor", while originally donations were sought in 2006 I did not think it had been years since the donation link was on the site.

I can verify this as I remember specifically mailing a cash donation to Jaime and Michael of $3 to help with the site; it was all I could do and represented a dollar from me and my 2 girls. And Babs questioned then where the money was going.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:30:17 am by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

lorim2

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 09:32:51 am »
Ok..I too have been thinking about this all day.  I agree with the others...we have a right to some answers. So until then I am out of here...I have made some awesome "cyberfriends" and have actually got to meet a few.  Most of you have my facebook account and I have created a group within my acct called I Love Big Paws...Please come join me..We can talk and chat and we can continue our group until we can decide which direction we go...I love you all..but I am over this crap and I am out....

Cheers!!

angelsmama

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:11 am »
agreed..

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:14 am »
I just did my usual check in and am shocked at this news!

First off let me say congrats to Jamie and Michael on starting a new adventure for themselves.  I am also sorry to hear that time is catching up with Bear.  I hope he and you have many happy, outdoorsy, fun days ahead of you.

Without checking my profile I can't remember how long I have been a member here but this is the only forum I have ever participated in.  I haven't been participating as much as I would like lately but I would like to thank everyone for making this an awesome board to be a part of.  I hope that there are no major changes to this site and I will continue to check in as time allows me too and hopefully participate too.  I too have made some awesome cyberfriends here and have enjoyed chatting with everyone.   While I am hoping that things don't change, if there are major changes I just wanted to say that I am sorry for not getting to know y'all as well as I would have liked and will miss you terribly if the site shuts down.  

In closing, I just want to say that BPO mods and members rock!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:20 am »
Wow.

I am stunned.
I am disappointed.
I am hurt.
I am appalled.
I am disgusted.

I cannot deny my feelings and as my mom always told me during my teenage disagreements with her “these are my feelings and I am entitled to them.” With that said, please allow me to share.

I have been a BPO member since June 2005. I stumbled onto this sight by chance and am so grateful. Never having been a member of any sort of forum, I didn’t know what to expect. Quickly the other members embraced me and my dogs and all our issues. We’ve shared the best of times and the toughest of times. I honestly don’t know what I would have done without you all. BPO’ers have become more than fellow members, they’ve become part of my extended family.

Again, while I am thankful for Jaime and Michael for starting this site, I cannot believe the callus disregard for all the members, with the sale of our home to non-members, non-dog owners on the other side of the world. What a blatant slap in the face to the moderators, for whom this site would not have existed as the truly special place is… oh I’m sorry, I mean WAS.

I understand we as members did not own the site, however we have ALWAYS rallied to support each other and you, Michael and Jaime… esp. during difficult financial times and every time you needed our input otherwise. Never once have we let you two down! I wish I could say the same for you. I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t give us the chance first to pool our vast resources, instead of selling to some random people with a dubious reputation. I’ve done the research and what I have seen is not good. I would like to think you didn’t know the history, but it wouldn’t surprise me now if you both just didn’t care.

To my fellow BPO’ers, old and new: you all are THE best. I appreciate each of you.

Eloquently written CNRachel.

Thank you!
Patty

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:13 am »
Wow.

I am stunned.
I am disappointed.
I am hurt.
I am appalled.
I am disgusted.

Eloquently written CNRachel.

Thank you!
Patty

Ditto i am lost for words i have been on and off the site since 2005. I was happy to find a site that we could exchange our stories and health issues with each other. Sometimes i didn't always agree with peoples opinion but that is why the site is here for us to share are animal stories our families growing and moving on praying and keeping family members in our daily thoughts. There is no way a family in India could possibly understand this and not even have a family dog. This is a business transaction
only.It is really sad the way it was presented who is to say we all couldn't start our own site everyone knows what goes into it at least it would be ours! Marina and Bryce
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 11:17:58 am »
Ok..I too have been thinking about this all day.  I agree with the others...we have a right to some answers. So until then I am out of here...I have made some awesome "cyberfriends" and have actually got to meet a few.  Most of you have my facebook account and I have created a group within my acct called I Love Big Paws...Please come join me..We can talk and chat and we can continue our group until we can decide which direction we go...I love you all..but I am over this crap and I am out....

Cheers!!

Great Idea Lori! We are there!

A new owner who doesn't own a DOG!!??!!

And *we* learned our sincere dog compassion from where? This is undoubtedly the most idiotic *purchase* I've ever choked over while reading.

Anyone who hasn't already~please think about joining Facebook. FB can be considered our temporary orphanage~maybe a harsh word~but more *word friendly* than *dog pound*  ;)

:-\ >:( Triple UGH :-\ >:(

tralfazmom

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 11:36:28 am »
I am sorry to hear of this "business decision". I have only been a part of this forum for a very short time, but I feel as if I have found a family here. The moderators and long standing members have made such a positive impact on my life, and made me a better guardian for my four legged charges. I truly hope that the "family" that has been formed here can manage to pull together and stay as intact as possible. Surely the voices that  are so considerate, compassionate, caring, and helpful can find a way to continue,,regardless of where they may decide to share the wealth of knowledge and caring that makes this such a wonderful place.  I will do whatever necessary to maintain the connections and sense of community that I have found here. Good luck to the former owners, good luck to the current owners, to the rest of us,,let's stick together!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 12:22:21 pm »
EVERYONE here is welcome to come join friends old and new at "The Funny Farm" forum. We love our dogs, our families, and our internet friends. There's a picture section, dog chat, chit chat, rants, hug room, birthday postings, movie chat area, and pretty much anything you like. We have one rule. Be nice.

Many old BPO members can be found there, and we want to extend the offer to anyone who wants to maintain friendships and make new ones that you are more than WELCOME to come over to the forum. Here's the link.
http://thecentralperk.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I know some of you are very upset but please feel free to check the forum out if you like. I know how important the friendships are on here to all of us.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Droophoria

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 12:29:45 pm »
Weren't at one time recently BPO members donating money to keep this site running? So members pay to keep a site running and then its owner sells it for profit?

This exactly what I was thinking about and remembered what Barbara said in the past (RIP).
The whole situation is just a nuisance to me...sorry  :-\
Good luck Jaime and Michael

I didn't see that until just now. I agree, I then totally blew off what she said until now.. She knew what was going on, if only there was a little more attention paid there. I don't see myself being nearly as active as I used to be. And not at all when we start getting charged to use this, and I have a feeling that will soon come.

I feel like I shouldn't say a word, I've been a lurking member only for a matter of DAYS. But I have been watching and reading the forums here for a few months thanks to my gf Angelsmama. She introduced me to BPO.

I really hate that this issue is the cause of my first post, but like many have said, life causes changes and tough decisions to be made. Everything happens for a reason, and like so many have said already, the "members" make the forums and community what it is, not the owners.

On the note of being charged? I would've gladly hosted BPO for FREE just for the sake of my gf's happiness, much less the happiness of all the other members.

I hope nothing changes here, the sense of community and family is what drew me to become a member in the first place.

Good luck Jaime, Michael and Bear.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 01:32:52 pm »
Everything happens for a reason, and like so many have said already, the "members" make the forums and community what it is, not the owners.

I can't agree more  Although the owners have changed it really shouldn't change the community that has established itself over time.  This is a forum to meet others with like interests and exchange information - for everyone to storm off with hurt feelings and ruffled feathers is sorta like cutting off your nose to spite your face as my mom used to say.