Author Topic: I was in the paper today with a Newf... not Sierra :(  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
I was in the paper today with a Newf... not Sierra :(
« on: June 15, 2009, 07:17:02 am »
We had our annual Water Safety Festival here in Berks County and New-Pen-Del Newfoundland Club gave a demonstration on the water rescue training.  I helped with one of the demonstrations - having a Newf named Diesel pull a boat in.  I didn't even know the pic was there and people in class started asking if it was me in the paper.  One of my instructors had the paper and showed it to me then.  Of course my MIL cut the article out and is saving it.  LOL!

I had offered to have Sierra demonstrate something, but she is only in her Junior level training and those spots were already filled.  Oh well, she can probably do it next year.  She's already as good as the dogs who have been training for months.  She'll be ready next year. ;D

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=143085
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:19:42 am by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: I was in the paper today with a Newf... not Sierra :(
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:17 am »
Congrats to you and Diesel- hope you have a scrap book!!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: I was in the paper today with a Newf... not Sierra :(
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:05:17 am »
Oh yes, I have a scrapbook.  The article is already in there with the other pics of Sierra water training,  It's in as a "future" skill of Sierra's.  I say future because it's a senior exercise and Sierra hasn't yet passed the junior level, although she has proved she can tow a boat.  We'll never get there though if she can't pass the basic obedience part!  LOL!  That's my ADD girl though, and I love her just how she is. As long as I know she can save me from drowning, I'm happy.  ;D
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer