Author Topic: I finally got the picture!!!!!  (Read 5569 times)

Blair

I finally got the picture!!!!!
« on: August 19, 2005, 11:33:46 pm »
Ive been wanting to get a picture like this since Mr. Grey out grew Zeus. But my boys arent very good at standsing up next to each other without wanting to play LOL But tonight I finally got the picture  ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got the picture!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:40:01 pm »
wow it is amazing how Mr grey is "dwarfing" Zeus. They are soooo pretty, now we want to see a pic of all three of them. wouldnt that be too cool, with little mojo infront  :D

How old is Mr. now?

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Blair

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:45:24 pm »
My youngest daughter tells us Zeus is shrinking, or "why is he going back to a puppy" She thinks Zeus is small and tells my husband to just pick him up LOL It would be a miracle if I could get all 3 in a picture like that. Diesel would be too busy trying to eat them to pose for the camera  ::) Mr. Grey will be 8 mos in a few days [Time surely flies]

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 11:50:47 pm »
lol...... I know that feeling, Jennifer who has grown up around big dogs, or should I say giant dogs, always asks people " can I pet the puppy" they say it is not a puppy and she is like okay just small, they look strange because having a lab. or german shepherd or whatnot they think they have a big dog and a little girl should think so too hehe

Mr. has really grown tall, have you checked his weight and how tall he is lately, he is going to be such a big boy  :D

Marit

Blair

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 12:05:56 am »
I got a new "family" picture just for you LOL This is the best that I can do without all 3 going bonkers wanting to play. Mr. Grey is 34 in but I have no clue on his weight. Maybe I should have a guessing game on his weight LOL

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 12:16:17 am »
awwwwwww you are sooooo sweet  :D there are the three boys, and look what a little mojo....... My daughter Malin is bugging me and want a little dog, and she has mentioned chi. more than once. I keep telling her I would be afraid that my big puppies would break 14 bones in its body just by looking at it lol..... How is it going in your house, how heavy is the chi. and do you ever have to be worried about him?

And Mr. Greys weight, hmmmm a wild guess about 90 or maybe 100 lbs. If you have a PetSmart close, they usually have their scales so you can use them, I sometimes bring my dogs up on them just to see how much they are. Especially when you are done with the puppy shots and dont go to the vet. as often anymore

thanks for the pic, and I will make sure Malin wont see it hehe, she will totally tell me how wrong I am when I say it is hard to have giants and minis together  ;D

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 07:01:13 am »
You have a great looking trio there.  I have just one question... How is it that Diesel is not flat as a pancake with your other 2 big guys around?.........lol

Blair

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 09:21:24 am »
Diesel hides when the big dogs start to play rough LOL Both Zeus and Grey were raised with Diesel around, so they are really good with him. When I go to let them inside, after we are done playing, I open the door and Zeus and Grey are running, full speed, at the door. But when they get closer and see Diesel there, they will stop and let Diesel in first. I think they all learn how to coexist with each other LOL Zeus is really calm with him and lays on the ground to play with him. But Grey still being a puppy, a very big puppy, I have to keep a close eye on him. He hasnt hurt him yet and is usually very good with him. But I am not taking any chances. The sad thing is Diesel gets most of his injuries from me  :-[ I always seem to step on the poor little guy.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 09:41:13 am »
Great pictures! Mr. Grey sure is getting to be one handsome full grown feller! I love the way the first pic is too cuz it looks like he is standing over Zeus.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 12:11:12 pm »
I'm going to take a guess and say that Mr. Grey weighs about 120.  He's taller than Gunther, even though he's younger, so he should weigh more, right?

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 01:35:17 pm »
Great pics..Willow could be the female version of Mr Grey....I can't get my 3 guys in one pic.  Last night I was so excited because Irie (my female pom) actually went over and laid next to Willow...  Usually the poms are just growling and snapping at poor Willow...And she just wants to play...

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 01:46:07 pm »
I'm going to take a guess and say that Mr. Grey weighs about 120.  He's taller than Gunther, even though he's younger, so he should weigh more, right?

Not nessecarily.  Depending on the type of Dane, they grow differently.  Sanity is now 140, but only 32 inches and still growing.  He has a lot of Euro Dane in him.  He doesn't have an ounce of fat (In fact I can still see all his ribs :-\) but is covered in muscle.  He never got the gangly all legs look like Grey has.  Even his buddy Tenchi, who's almost a foot taller than him weighs the same as him or slightly less.  The American dogs are more racy, tall and lean as opposed to the stockier Euro dogs.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 03:04:57 pm »
Willow has some Euro dane as well..the sire is from poland..very muscular... I like them like that

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 04:49:46 pm »
Oh, I know that height doesn't always make a difference.  I was just being silly.

At a dog show I went to there was a 6 mo old dane that was VERY stocky and built.  He already weighed more than Gunther and was younger by 2 months.

I guessed 120 b/c Gunther is 113 now and I figured they always weigh more than you think when they're skinny.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 05:09:31 pm »
I don't think Willow weighs as much as she should..but she looks good..not to skinny and not to fat... She goes to the vet this week.. so we will know then how much....  She was about 25lbs at 12 weeks old.