Author Topic: Allergic Reaction...  (Read 5356 times)

Offline BigDogMama

  • Ankle Biter
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Allergic Reaction...
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:27:49 am »
So this morning I wake up to find my little guy, Murphy, with his whole face swollen up!  :o  His eyes were swollen the worst, they looked about the size of golf balls.  Needless to say I was scared to death!  I immediatley loaded him in the car and took off to the vet.  I was a bit optimistic because he was wagging his tail and didn't seem to be in shock.  The vet thinks that he got stung by something, but we couldn't find any stingers left behind.  Which makes me think it might be yellow jackets, because they can sting you and not leave their stinger behind. Vet gave him a shot and some pills to take at home and said that he will be fine.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish

Offline newf_owner

  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: Allergic Reaction...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:49:22 pm »
my parents dog dakota (german shephard mix) had a SWOLLEN NOSE like im talkin HUGE, the vet said maybe a spider bite, he took pills also and was fine in a few days,