Author Topic: the fur is flying!!!  (Read 5476 times)

Offline l_jurcic

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
the fur is flying!!!
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »
Yogi is my bronze 3 year old newf. Now all of a sudden last week he started losing fur like crazy. I know they blow their coats twice a year, but he has never lost so much before, it's literally everywhere,( I was starting to think I had one of those newfs that didn't shed to much -- HA) and he seems very itchy especially where his coat is still thick. Is this normal? Does his age have anything to do with it - being a spring pup, the first year and a half he was still working on his adult coat. He had the "big snip" about a month ago, would that have anything to do with it? Does anyone have any hints that might make him more comfortable in the mean time. I brush him for atleast an hour everyday and he swims 5 days a week. Any suggestions I feel so bad for him.

Offline Restless

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: the fur is flying!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:52 pm »
Sorry I can't help but he is beautiful. I must spend more time brushing my two.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: the fur is flying!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 07:30:16 am »
Yep the change in hormones is probably contributing  It is normal for them to be itchy until you get all that hair out  I use a rake and or comb to hurry it up- a brush just doesn't do the job.  If you save all this fur you could spin it :>)