Author Topic: Pee Pee Accidents increasing in our spade 10month Female Lucy  (Read 32793 times)

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
Pee Pee Accidents increasing in our spade 10month Female Lucy
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:06:35 am »
Our Female Saint Lucy has been having "accidents" for the past several weeks.  She has been potty trained for months. Lately, she will get up from a nap or from bed, and her entire back end and tail are soaking wet.  She still is going outside, and we have begun the high praise for "Outside Potty" Good Girl! again.  I am getting concerned because it seems her "accidents" are coming more frequently. Anyone else have this problem? She and her brother Charlie are going to vet tomorrow, and am going to share with them and see if we can get a diagnosis....
Any Help Appreciated
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Pee Pee Accidents increasing in our spade 10month Female Lucy
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 02:45:23 pm »
wow if she is having accidents like that she may be sick, i mean SOME TIMES dogs just forget.. and need retraining, it happens, and then there is submissive urnitanion, which ive actually seen my aussie do ONCE in his 3 years of life, it was very recent, when he met the do trainer (who is currently training my newfie)

but i mean usualy if there is a sudden change like that it could be strees or a UTI, the vet visit is the best thing

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 11:31:05 pm »
I agree. Although random episodes of reversion are perfectly normal, this sounds more like actual incontinence -rather than just a lapse in potty training... a visit to the vet is definitely a good call. Good luck with everything. Let us know how it turns out! -we're sending you good, healthy vibes!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
DIAGNOSIS: SPAYING INCONTINENCE - Pee Pee Accidents 10 mo. St. Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:20:25 pm »
TOO MANY PeePee Accidents after Potty Training = SPAYING INCONTINENCE!
We took Lucy our 10 month Saint to the vet, after too many little accidents or full soakings... She would wake up in the morning or from a lovely Saint nap, and her hind end or tail was little wet or just dripping soaked.  Lucy has been trained from about 4-6 weeks after we brought her and brother home at 8 weeks.  Lucy is hands down the smartest, and eager to please Saint we have every owned (#4) I was 95% sure these were not simply training accidents, and she would wake up clueless that she was soaked. The first time it happened was the night she came home from being spayed that afternoon.  She was lying on the couch with us, and got up to go out for evening potty time, she was soaked the coach was soaked.  We called the vet; they said if it happens again that night or the next day call, otherwise figure she was out of it still from anesethia.  Well it happened about a week later, she napping on the hardwood and rug, and there was puddle on the wood, and so on... a few times a week or just once a week, she would have an accident. 

Finally, I called the vet, we went in.  They said its spaying incontinence; it can happen USUALLY if spayed to early, however Lucy was the prescribed 6 months.  They gave me "Proin" said it would help or cure the problem, and most likely after a 10 day course, the sphincter muscle "remembers" what it's supposed to do, and starts working again on its own.  Being the ever faithful Suspicious Saint Mommy, I read all about "Proin" - The good, the bad, and the ugly.  After reading many experiences, everything from Severe Withdrawn Personality in a normal outgoing friendly girl, Death, Stroke, and then many that gave it to their fur babies and they were just fine.  I decided to finally give to her, and WATCH.  I gave her a 6-days of a 10-day course, I think she was acting a little sketchy after a week, however no accidents. My husband thinks I am over protective, and thought she was fine. Who knows?  Anyway, She went almost 5weeks no accidents, I thought yippee it worked....Well, we still have accidents,(not as many and still not fun) and I haven't decided if we will put her back on the "Proin".  It can be a given for a lifetime to prevent the incontinence, but I am cautious.  Life has allot in at the moment, just keeping them in decent kibble is enough, and I can clean up a little pee now and then.  I will update again.  Till then.... Love all your fur babies, because they sure love us and ask so little in return. xo
Renee and Mark... Denver - Proud Saintly Parents of Charlie & Lucy (bro & sis)

Our Female Saint Lucy has been having "accidents" for the past several weeks.  She has been potty trained for months. Lately, she will get up from a nap or from bed, and her entire back end and tail are soaking wet.  She still is going outside, and we have begun the high praise for "Outside Potty" Good Girl! again.  I am getting concerned because it seems her "accidents" are coming more frequently. Anyone else have this problem? She and her brother Charlie are going to vet tomorrow, and am going to share with them and see if we can get a diagnosis....
Any Help Appreciated
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:34 pm »
It could be she was not spayed or she was spayed? Some say Spayed to early is not good,our male took time to full potty train him know he is almost 6 mo,just trained,but he is very big and has a hard time getting up,in morning he is 110 only five mo,s!
[email][url=http://[url][img]http://[flash=200,200]http://[flash=200,200][/flash][/flash][/img]][url][img]http://[flash=200,200]http://[flash=200,200][/flash][/flash][/img][/url][/url][/email]
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:22:58 pm »

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 06:36:42 pm »
What Did the vet say? you might have to take her out more offten till she gets over this like in the middle of the night,or very early in the morning they must have got her in a nerve,i bet,marylee let me know,

Offline BandRsMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Its the Dogs Life
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:25 am »
I would bet dollars to doughnuts its spay incont.  Spaying causes urinary “spay incontinence” in 4-20% of female dogs.  I have a lab with it and she takes Proin every day and that really helps.  Good luck.